Ponyboy- Homecoming dance part 1

You went outside to get the mail when you saw your cousin Steve running towards you. Even though Steve and you were cousins who lived in the same town, you only saw eachother occasionally.

"Hey Steve, what are you doing here?" I asked him. Hopefully he hadn't gotten into trouble. I didn't really know his friends at all, but I did know they smoked, stole, and it bothered me Steve did that too.

"I need a favor, well actually my friend does. I'm not really for it, to be honest." Steve said, and I was a little concerned as to what he was going to ask.

"Well what is it? I don't have any money!" I explained, thinking thats probably what he wanted.

"Nah its not money. I need you to take one of my friends to homecoming. " My mouth dropped open. Steve's friends were probably 17, and the fact they would be desperate enough to go with a 15 year old girl they didn't know wasn't a good sign.

"Depends. Who is he? Whats he like?"  I ask.

"He ain't really my friend. He's my friend's kid brother. He's a real doofus too." That didn't sound good.

"Kid brother? How old is he?" I pondered.

"He's 14. Freshman. Sorry. " This guy was literally setting me up with a little boy?

"Seriously? Whatever, I will make the sprout happy and go to the dance with him, " I answered. Otherwise I would just be going with my friends anyways. I didn't care what they would say.

"Good, that didn't take much convincing. Now lets go and meet him. And don't call him a sprout when he's taller than you" Steve teased. I guess that if I met him now and he was horrible I could back out of this date.

"Wait, right now? I'm not even ready and I have to ask my mom?"

"Fine, go ask. But hurry up." I walked back into the house and told my mom steve was here and she was okay with us going to his friends house. Steve and I walked to this mysterious boys house.

We got the house, and it was a nice little house. This could easily be the most awkward thing I have ever done.

"Steve, why couldn't he just ask a girl himself?" I questioned.

"Because he's anti-social. He reads books for fun. " He laughed.

"Hey, I read books too!" I protested.

"Well then its a match made in heaven. Now lets go. And don't mention the dance. He doesn't know about it. Soda and I planned this out in secret," He told me.
"Soda? That's your friends name?" I laughed. It was creative I guess.
"Just wait to you hear your dates name." He laughed and flung the door open. Oh lord, why did I agree to this?

Inside the house were a bunch of guys. One was old and bigger, defiantly not him. Another one looked very intimidating, and too old to be him. Another one was very attractive, he had a very nice smile. He looked 16, so not him. Sitting next to him was a kid who looked anywhere from age 13-16. I couldn't really tell. Another guy I swear I had seen at school before, he was pretty loud. The last one was pretty small, he was still tall but he looked no older than 15. I think I had seen him around school too.

He seemed like he was the guy, so I went over.
"Hey, I'm y/n. I'm steve's cousin." I waved. He seemed confused. This was getting awkward.
"Nice to meet ya y/n. I'm ponyboy and that's my brother Darry, and that's Soda, which is your cousin's best friend. And that's Johnny. And I reckon you don't need to know the rest.."
"Hey, watch it." The guy with the New York accent said. 

"I'm Dallas. And from what I hear from Soda here, your ponyboy's new girlfriend." He slapped this "ponyboy" on the shoulder, if that was his name. I turned to him, he was bright red. 

"Ponyboy? That's your name?" I giggled. Pony was cute, I'm not going to lie. Even though he was younger, I was attracted to him. I turned around and saw Steve nudging elbows with the Soda kid. He was good-looking too, I guess this family had magic genes. 

"Yeah, my names ponyboy , don't laugh too hard." He said sarcastically. "And dally stop with the comments, she just got here." Pony continued.
***
The rest of the afternoon went great. I talked to all the boys, I got along with all of them, and me and ponyboy had a lot in common. We talked about movies and books. This went better than expected.

"Hey, Steve we gotta go now. " I nudged him. It was getting pretty late, even though I didn't want to it to end. 

"You mean you gotta go, I got kicked out of the house again." The rest of the boys laughed at Steve. 

"Again Steve?" I stood up and walked to the door. 

"Hey you can't just leave! We are waiting!"Soda said enthusiastically. That boy had a lot of energy.

"Waiting for what?" I asked. Then Dally pushed Pony towards me. 

"Uhh well, Y/N... Want to go to the dance with me?" Pony looked so nervous. Maybe its cause I was a little older.  Then out of nowhere two-bit brings out flowers  behind the couch and gives them to me.

I blushed at the awkward attention. "Yes, I'll gowith you. Don't make me regret it, cause last year's was terrible. And wear a cute suit. " I gave Ponyboy a sidehug. In a way it felt so innocent. All the boys clapped and hollered at Ponyboy. I was really happy I agreed to do this. 

A/N: It's so late but I need to update. I'm literally falling asleep as i type this. Part 2 coming later.