Chapter 25: Wandering Souls After The Sunset

Start from the beginning

"Got it," wika niya at saka mabilis na umalis sa aming kinaroroonan.

"Not even that waiter can save that traitor from my wrath," bulong ni Summer. Mahigpit na nakakuyom ang kanyang kamao sa mesa.

"I'll call Forest now. She'll bring you home."

"No," mabilis niyang tutol. "Kailangan kong marinig ang paliwanag niya. Hindi ako aalis hangga't hindi pa ako tapos sa kanya," galit niyang sabi.

Ethan decided to break his silence and said, "I'm sorry, Summer."

Summer shot daggered looks at him and turned to my direction. "You know that the Frenieres are looking for him. Bakit hindi mo sinabi sa kanila?" She seriously asked.

"That's not important right now." I dismissed her.

"What's more important right now?" Mataas ang boses niyang tanong. Suspicion was already forming in her eyes.

Naputol ang mga susunod na sasabihin niya sa pagdating ng waiter. Mabilis niyang inilapag sa mesa ang dalawang tasa ng kape at baso ng tubig. Nang makaalis ang waiter ay muling nagsalita si Summer.

"I have to tell this to Van," aniya at inilabas ang cellphone. I grabbed it before she could even open it. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" She exclaimed angrily.

"You will not call Van. Not yet," sagot ko.

"But--"

She started to protest but I cut her off. "You need to shut your mouth for now. Just give us few minutes and I'll let you voice out your senseless thoughts."

She looked offended but remained silent. She sipped her coffee while glaring at us. I wanted to keep her off from our conversation but I bet she wouldn't agree to getting another table.

"Why are you here? I told you to stay where you should be," wika ko kay Ethan. Atubili siyang tumingin sa paligid at saka muling bumaling sa akin.

"I had to leave the place," he gave Summer a quick glance before continuing his words. "I had to lure them away from the place," maingat niyang sagot.

Tila binuhusan ako ng malamig na tubig nang lubos kong maintindihan ang ibig niyang sabihin. They were getting too close to the mansion. "I saw you jump to the other side of the wall," wika ko.

"I saw someone watching me as I jumped. I had to crawl up back and ride on the first bus just to show that person that was I leaving that place," paliwanag niya.

Tila natanggalan ako ng tinik sa sinabi niyang ginawa niya. But I know I shouldn't be lax about it. I fished my phone from my jeans. "Ready to leave, Summer? Forest will–-"

"What? No! I told you! I'm not leaving until I'm done with this traitor," pagmamatigas niya.