part 2

It's been nearly a year since Lauren first went to one of Keana's parties, yet here she was again. With Lucy by her side, she leaned on the car door looking at the large house. It was on the rich side of their neighborhood and Lauren has never really ventured out this far, seeing as she still doesn't have a car.

She felt a pair of lips on her cheek, breaking her out of her thoughts. Lauren turned her head to be met with the same pair of lips on her own in a sweet kiss. Caught off guard, she breathe in through her nose, before it ended all too soon for her taste.

"Thank you for coming with me," Lucy said once Lauren opened her eyes.

Normally, Lucy would head to all of Keana's parties and tell Lauren about it afterwards. This was only the second time she has actually asked Lauren to come with her, and of course Lauren wasn't going to say no. Even if she didn't really like Keana.

Lauren shrugged, "It's no problem."

Lucy flashed her one of her award winning smiles causing the familiar butterflies to erupt in her stomach before grabbing Lauren's hand and leading her inside the house.

They weaved through the many people in the house until they made it to the bar area. It resembled a mini bar even with someone managing it. The guy behind it flashed Lauren a small smile and she gave him a shy one before turning to Lucy.

"I'm going to find Keana," She told Lauren. "I'll be right back."

Before Lauren could protest, Lucy squeezed her hand and disappeared into the crowd of teenagers. The bass of the music traveled through Lauren's body as she watched everyone jump around and dance with their friends. She glanced back at the bar and thought why not enjoy herself while she was here.

She sat down on one of the stools, the bar guy already looking at her almost expectantly. She glanced around at the various drinks already littered around the counter. Lauren didn't know any of the types of alcohol so she shrugged to herself before speaking.

"Uh, I'll take whatever you recommend."

"Not much of a drinker, huh?" The bar guy teased as he began preparing something.

Lauren shook her head, noticing his British accent. "Not really no."

The bar guy nodded. Lauren watched as he poured some liquid in a cup before adding something else. He mixed the two liquids around before pouring it in a smaller cup. "That girl you were with; she's your girlfriend?"

Lauren shook her head matter-o-factly, after being in denial for nearly a year, she's accepted that Lucy would never really be hers. "No, she's my best friend."

"Yeah? For a second I thought you were gay," The bar boy smirked as he gave Lauren her drink.

Lauren chuckled, "Oh, I am."

The boy froze for a split second as defeat showed on his features and his smirk disappeared before he covered it up with a small smile, "Um, I have to talk to someone really quick but enjoy your drink."

Lauren frowned as he left. It was nice to have a little company for a bit. Either he was going to hit on her or he's a homophobic asshole; Lauren didn't know or really cared. She was over it as quickly as it started.

She glanced at the drink in her hands. It was a clear liquid with a lemon to the side. Lauren has never drunk alcohol before so this was a new experience for her. She has always avoided it due to her mothers words that always linger in the back of her mind, telling her not to drink.

"Fuck it," she mumbled to herself before taking a sip.

Immediately she wanted to spit it out, the drink burning the back of her throat, but she forced herself to swallow it down. She set the drink down and looked at it with disgust. How can people even drink that, she thought. Though a tap on her shoulder give an answer.