part 1

"Lauren hurry up and get your butt back in here!"

The said girl's head snapped up and she yelled back a quick okay before continuing her search for mangos. Lucy and Lauren's favorite. Before she sent her on the snack raid she requested a bowl of the cut up fruit and there was no way Lauren was going to deny her of what she wanted. It was Lucy.

"Aha," Lauren murmured to myself as she found the fruit and proceeded to chop it up.

The green eyed girl placed it in a bowl, grabbed the rest of the snacks and made her way up the stairs. As she winded up them and felt herself grow nervous once she finally reached the bedroom door.

It was just something about the girl behind the door that caused butterflies to swarm around in Lauren's stomach. She didn't know what it was or when this started but she's known Lucy all fourteen years she's been on this earth and she has never had this problem until recently.

Before Lauren could go farther into her thoughts, the door opened revealing her best friend. Her wide brown eyes searched Lauren's for a moment then she gave the girl her crooked smile.

"What are you doing just standing here?" She pushed a few hairs behind her ear.

All while Lauren was thinking of what happened to make her feel this way around the beauty, she didn't realize she was standing there in front of her door for who knows how long. She felt her cheeks reddening in embarrassment as she thought of something to say.

"I–uh..." Lauren stuttered due to the look Lucy was giving her. Her brown eyes focused intently on my green ones before the traveled their way down Lauren's pale face until they landed on the bowl of mangos tucked under her arm.

"Mangos!" She nearly shouted in excitement and Lauren giggled at how cute she was.

Handing over the fruit, she pulled Lauren into her room before closing the door. She popped a mango in between her lips as Lauren tossed the rest of their snacks on her bed.

"You're a life savior Lauren, you know that?"

"Luce you could've gotten them yourself," Lauren chuckled sitting on the edge of the bed watching her friend moan over the fruit.

Lucy shook her head at Lauren's comment, "No, it's better when you do it." She shrugged and finally sat down besides the green eyed girl. "It just tastes better."

Lauren swallowed as Lucy said that last part softly. She was looking so intently into Lauren's eyes that she got lost in the pools of almond. The mangos were long forgotten by now as Lucy hesitantly placed her hand softly on Lauren's cheek.

Automatically, the brunette leaned into it. She didn't know what was going on at this moment but she didn't want it to stop. Her heart was beating out of her chest but she couldn't take her eyes away from her friend. She watched as Lucy's eyes focused on her lips and her breath hitched.

It was like everything else was shut out and it was just a bubble with them two inside. Their own little world where nothing and no one else mattered but each other.

Lucy leaned in and Lauren prepared herself for whatever was to come since she didn't know what to expect. She's only kissed one person before and it was merely a peck on the lips in a busy, crowded hallway when she thought she was in love. She's never been in a situation like this with someone that makes her hyperaware of everything around them.

After what felt like an eternity, Lucy rests her forehead against Lauren's and she feels like she can breathe again. Lauren was close enough to feel Lucy's breath hitting her lips softly as both of their eyes close to embrace the moment.