Children- Hollie

Marvel Cinematic Universe

For Holliebee12

"Thank you, doctor" you walked out of the doctors room as a tear slid down your face. You quickly wiped it away and continued to rush to your car to get home into the comfort of Bucky's arms. Being told the information you just received was possibly the hardest thing you've ever had to listen to. And it was bad because the hardest thing you've ever had to listen to was Bucky's cries at night, and they were terrible, so this was up in the top 3 definitely.

You fought back tears as you drove back to the Avengers Compound and pulled up into the drive. After getting out of your car and going to your room without bumping into anyone, you crashed onto yours and Bucky's bed and completely lost it. All the bottled up tears had escaped your eyes in a matter of minutes and to make it worse, Steve heard.

"Hollie? Hollie, are you okay?" He knocked on your door, the noise echoed throughout your ears.

"Y-yeah, I'm fi...I'm fine." You sounded more like your were trying to reassure yourself more then you were Steve.

"Are you sure? I heard you crying." You took in a sharp breath before exhaling it at a slow rate. You had to tell him. You had to.

"Fine, come in" you sniffled and wiped away the tears as Steve walked in. He quietly closed the door and sat next to you on the bed. Your knees were clutched tightly to your chest as you slowly rocked backwards and forwards; it was a nervous thing. He noticed your strange behaviour and his face changed to a questionable look.

"What's up? You've never been like this before"

"I-I...we-we can't...have kids-me and Bucky" you chocked out.

"Hollie" he embraced you in a tight hug as you sobbed into his shoulder. His arms wrapped around your shoulders as yours scooped under his underarms and gripped his shoulders.

"I'm sorry" you mumbled.

"There's no need too. I'll help you tell Bucky, okay? He won't be mad." You nodded your head as Steve pulled away from your embrace.

"Where's he now?"

"He's in the living room, wanna go now?"

"Can he come in here?"

"Sure" Steve smiled and stood up. He looked at you one last time before leaving to get Bucky. After he was out of sight, you ran to the bathroom and wiped your face; when Bucky came in, you didn't want him to worry.

Steve returned minutes later with Bucky at his side, a smile appeared on his face when he saw you. As soon as he was fully in the room, you immediately captured him in a needed hug. He hugged back instantly and looked at Steve as to ask 'what's up?' Steve didn't reply, only gave him a hearty pat on the back and left. Bucky pulled away and sat on the bed, pulling you onto his lap after he did so.

"What's the matter, doll? You don't seem okay"

"I-we..we can't...have kids, Buck, ever"

"What, why?"

"I don't know, the doctor never said" you felt tears behind your eyes as you told him.

"Hollie, that's okay, we can adopt if you really want a child" Bucky smiled.

"You're not mad?"

"Not one bit" he kissed your nose as you scrunched it up at the sudden contact. The tears behind your eyes seemed to disappear as Bucky kept assuring you everything was okay. You really wanted a child with Bucky, a child that you'd made together. Looked after, watched him/her grow up and been with him/her together. But now that seemed impossible. A dream never to become reality.

"Hey, look at me," Bucky lifted your head up so you were looking into each other's eyes, "I love you, and I don't care that we can't have children. Yes I'm sad that it can't be our own, but adoption is always a good option and we'd be giving a neglected child a good home. You'd be an amazing mum, I'll be a good dad and Steve'll be the best uncle known to mankind!" You giggled slightly at his silliness, but agreed with him with a nod.

Well, who says all dreams can't come true?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you liked that Holliebee12 ! If your name's wrong, just tell me and I'll change it.

-MrsEvanStan 💕