22 :: Kiss

We were like that, him sitting on the swing and me hugging him, for quite some time. Though my back tells me that I was sore, I couldn't help but continue to hug Taehyung, feeling the warmth of him seeping through my clothes while I comforted him. True, he couldn't return my feelings, but him being beside me was already enough.

"Hyung.."

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry. Your shirt is all wet now,"

I momentarily broke the hug and glanced at my shirt before pulling him up from the swing. Since he was taller, I wrapped my arms around his waist and leaned my head on his shoulder while he hugged me back and buried his face in my hair.

"I'm not going lie and say it's alright, Tae. You really broke my trust and that alone made me so disappointed in you. And about you not being able to move on, it's alright. I've gotten used to it,"

I smiled and hugged him tighter, my blushing face getting more and more hotter. Thinking that he might be uncomfortable, I loosened my grip around his waist. Still not saying anything, I begun to pull away.

However, my actions were stopped because he pulled me back into his arms and wrapped his arms tightly around me, not leaving any space for me to move. I think I might be contracting a fever because it became really hot when I felt his hot breath near my ear.

"As long as you're beside me throughout everything, I'm content. I don't need you to return my feelings. I just want to know you're there,"

"And I will,"

What he did next shocked me beyond words. Because right then and there, he had planted his lips on mine. My eyes widened before slowly fluttering close as his lips started moving.

It was a short kiss, but it was sweet and exhilarating. He pulled away first. I thought he might be having second thoughts, so I tried to hide my disappointment by trying to get out of his arms. However, Taehyung had his own plans. Because just as I was struggling out of his hold, he tightened his grip around me and pulled me into him tightly.

"T-Tae?"

"Every session that I'm in with Dr. Bolton, I only talk about you. She patiently listens and never comments about it. It felt good to talk to another person who wasn't you about you. I get that I can't return your feelings now, but if I try, I can learn. So until then, would you wait for me, hyung?"

"I-I,"

"I promise I would never hurt you, hyung. Just wait. I promise to make you happier than you are now,"

"But I am happy. Like I said, I really don't care if you don't return my feelings. As long as I can be beside you, I'm really alright,"

"Thank you, hyung,"

I smiled in his arms as we held each other tightly in the park. It wasn't until midnight that we parted and went for home. Though the day started out horrendously, I'm glad it ended with a good note.