18 :: Drunk

It was official. Avoiding Taehyung might be my current only accomplishment. I had Adam to give him a ride home after school since I decided to leave early. I even went to the supermarket and stayed there, walking up and down a few aisles, eventually buying a few groceries.

Reaching home, Taehyung was nowhere in sight. Perhaps he might be in his room. I set the groceries aside and advanced towards my room when I saw a note held by a magnet on the refrigerator.

'Hyung,

I left to see Dr. Bolton for our weekly appointment. After, I'm going out with Keith for dinner. You wouldn't mind having dinner alone tonight, would you?

Signed,
Taehyung.'

Relieved, I let out a deep breath I was holding and went into my own room. Plugging my headphones into my iPod, I decided to head to our apartment building's gym, located at the first floor where the reception area was.

Two hours later, I was sweating buckets and entering the apartment. It was dark since I forgot to switch on the lights before leaving. Flicking the light switch, I went to the kitchen to fix myself some leftovers, throwing them into the microwave before heading to my bathroom for a shower.

Once done, I checked the time before leaving my bedroom. The clock read 7.50PM. Shrugging off the unnecessary worry I had on my chest, I went ahead and had my dinner.

It was currently 11.45PM and I was worried sick. I was pacing back and forth in the living room, constantly looking up to check the time. The clock striked midnight when the door to the apartment beeped and Taehyung came trudging in, swinging back and forth with a strong smell of alcohol in the air.

"Taehyung.."

"Hyung! Ah, hyung! Am I dreaming, hyung?"

Well, shite. It's obvious that he's drunk out of his mind. Trying to help him as clumsily fell onto the ground, his words that came out only appealed to me as drunken and slurred words. Laced with alcohol, he smelt really bad. Maybe worse than the time when he was heartbroken.

"Hyung~"

He was sing-songing his words as he pushed me away and tried to pull me along to dance with him. Not the normal kind of dance, but full on grinding, the ones that people did in the pubs.

My face burned up as I pushed him away and he fell on the floor with a thud. His face showed no pain but a giddy expression. He giggled for a little before plopping on the floor, snoring. Sighing, I crouched down and tried to help him get up and into his room.

Making sure that he was safely in his room and he was fast asleep, I breathed a sigh of relief and went into my own room, washed up and climbed into bed to sleep.

But I couldn't. I was scared senseless of him relapsing into his old ways.