12 :: Hurt

Pacing back and forth in the hallway of the Operation Room in the Emergency Ward, I couldn't keep my worries to myself as Taehyung was being pulled from the devil's hands. When the ambulance had arrived, the paramedics had warned that it might be too late since he was losing too much blood. I grabbed onto the doctor's hands tightly and begged that he must try with all his might to bring Taehyung back when we arrived the hospital.

It's been about an hour since he went into the Operation Room and my anxiety was starting to kick in. I was biting my fingernails and I could not stop pacing back and forth. I was so afraid of calling his family. They weren't that well off so they couldn't fly to London immediately. They had younger children at home too so it would be a problem even if they wanted to rush here.

I was just about ready to freak out and start to hyperventilate, anxiety working up when the doors to the Operation Room opened and the Head Doctor stepped out. Rushing, I hurried to the doctor, unable to wait for what the doctor had to say.

"We did everything we could, sir. We did two blood transfusions to make sure he had sufficient blood. He's alive but in a temporary coma. It might take a long time for him to recover. If he has parents or guardians that could come and take care of him, that would be great,"

"His parents are in Korea. They aren't well off enough to pay for the tickets coming here, let alone the expenses to stay here. I'm his best friend, maybe I could take care of him?"

"You are of legal age though?"

"Yes. In fact, I'm two days older than him,"

"Alright, fill up you and the patient's information at the counter and we will get him situated in a private room,"

Thanking the doctor over and over again, I made a mental note to myself to call Taehyung's parents as I headed towards the counter, a little overjoyed that Taehyung was alright, that he is still alive and well. My heart lurched as I signed my name on the form as Taehyung's guardian and reality hit me. It wasn't going to be okay. Taehyung wasn't going to be okay.