Seventeen

It's been months since Harry quit his job and he can't live off of Niall any longer. Harry's not really sure what he wants to do but he knows he needs to find something. He can't sit at home any longer because all he does is worry. He's worries that Niall will get tired of paying for everything, he's worried about what Zayn might be doing because he's been awfully quiet.

Niall insists that he doesn't mind paying for everything they do and that Harry should just take his time. Harry's been dependent for some time because of working for Zayn. Harry had a definite job with Zayn and a definite paycheck that would go towards his mothers medical bills. Harry no longer as Zayn but Niall pays for Anne's medical bills.

Harry just needs to get out of the house while Niall works.

He's thought about going to school, law school maybe? Harry's always wanted to be a lawyer. Yeah, law school sounds nice.

Harry leaves a sleeping Niall in bed as he makes his way down to the kitchen. It's early. It's about five in the morning and Harry's looking up colleges while he's making tea. He's clicking away, not really satisfied with the colleges he's finding.

"What are you doing babe?"

Harry turns around and finds Niall rubbing the sleep from his eyes. Niall's quite beautiful in the morning with his ocean blue eyes. Harry stares at Niall and thinks how lucky he is to find someone who loves him and stays with him even after the events with Zayn. Harry's in love and hooked on Niall for life.

"Just looking at colleges," Harry replies.

"Why?" Niall asks as he pours himself a cup of tea.

Harry sighs, "I can't keep staying at home. All I do is worry about what Zayn might to next and I can't keep thinking that way. It's not healthy. I just need something to do."

"What do you plan on majoring in?" Niall asks.

"Law maybe."

Niall walks over to Harry and kisses him on the lips,"You should do it. It'll take your mind off Zayn and give you something to do. I can help pay."

Harry shakes his head. He wants to do this on his own. He's never been able to do things on his own because Zayn always knew what Harry was doing or planned it himself. Harry wants to know what it's like to be free and to decide for himself.

"No, Niall I want to do this on my own. Zayn's always controlled my life ever since my mother got sick. I want to know what it's like to do something for myself for once," Harry says.

Niall smiles and kisses Harry again, "Okay baby."

"Thank you," Harry smiles.

Niall finishes his tea and sets the cup in sink and turns to look at Harry again, "I'm going to visit your mom today. She's on her last chemo. Want to come? We can tell her the good news about you wanting to start college."

"Yeah, of course," Harry replies.

+

Niall and Harry walk to Anne's room, excited to tell her some good news for once. They walk into her room and Anne lights up at the sight of Harry and Niall together. She's grown quite fond of Niall and loves how happy he makes her son.

Harry goes and hugs his mother, kissing her on the cheek, "How are you?"

"I'm great love. I'm on my last chemo. I'm slowly getting my energy back," Anne says happily.

"I'm glad you're doing so well," Harry replies.

Anne smiles, laying her hand on Harry's, "How are you both? You know after what happened."

Niall sits down next to Anne and smiles, "We're good. We're doing good," Niall says.

"Good. That's good," Anne says.

"Mum, I have some news to tell you," Harry says.

"What is it dear?" Anne hums.

"I was looking at colleges this morning. I need to do something. I can't sit around and worry about what Zayn might do next, I can't let him still have the power over me," Harry replies.

"Oh Harry that's wonderful!"

Harry's smiling. He's smiling because he's happy to see his mother glowing from the good news she's received. He's happy to see that his mother is on her last chemo and slowly becoming herself again. He's happy that she approves of Niall too.

"What do you plan on majoring in dear?" Anne asks.

"Law maybe," Harry smiles.

"I'm so proud of you Harry. You've come so far since you quit at Zayn's club," Anne replies.

"Thank you mum," Harry says, hugging Anne.

"You're welcome hun," Anne says.

"I love you mum."

"I love you too Harry. I love both of you," Anne says looking up at Niall.

Niall reaches over and hugs Anne, "I love you too."

+

So I have some news to share with you guys! I've decided that after I finish Stripper, I'm going to be writing a new book and it's going to be Lilo!! I'm still playing around with the plot so I'm not sure when it will be out but I'll let you know when it does come out. I hope you guys are gonna enjoy it!