Five

Hey guys! I hope you guys like the story so far. I know it seems like the story is moving kind of fast but I want to start off with a small story and work my way up. I'm learning along the way and I would love for you guys to comment and tell me what you think!

+

Niall's still asleep and Harry's wide awake. It's six in the morning and Harry's thinking about his conversation with Zayn and how he's afraid he'll never break free of it. Niall's waking up now and he pulls Harry close, close, close. "Harry? Can we talk about your job?"

There it is. The topic Harry was hoping to avoid for a few more days. "What about it?"

Niall looks at Harry and takes a deep breathe before he speaks. "I want you to quit. I don't want to share you with other people. I don't want people touching what's mine."

Harry's stiff now and he's not ready to tell Niall yet. Harry can tell that Niall is a little possessive of him but maybe it's because Niall loves him right?

Right.

Harry isn't ready for Niall to know that Zayn is his step-brother and that Zayn has feelings for him. He's not ready for Niall to know that his mom is sick with cancer. He's not ready for Niall to take on a jobless Harry and Harry going into debt trying to pay for his mothers treatments. He's just not ready.

"Niall I just can't quit." Harry's signing and he knows Niall probably isn't going to like this answer.

Niall furrows his eyebrows, looking at Harry confused. "Why not?"

Niall doesn't understand why Harry simply can't quit. I mean it's not that hard right? Everyone has quit a job once in their life. It's not hard so why can't Harry just quit?

"I just can't okay?" Harry's upset now and he knows that he needs to tell Niall but not yet. Not in this situation, not in the emotional state that Harry is still in from last night.

"I honestly don't see what the problem is. It's just a job and you can do better anyway. You shouldn't have to strip for anyone but me." Niall's angry now. Upset. Why can't Harry just quit? Why?

"Niall I'm not gonna fight with you. You can't just tell me to quit my job when I don't even know what you do for a living. For all I know you could be a drug dealer or something. I mean your apartment is insanely nice," Harry says, a little bitter.

Niall sighs and runs his hands through his hair as he sits up against the headboard, "I'm a CEO. Of a music company. I own it. That's why my apartment is nice, why I have a nice car."

Harry stops and looks at Niall who playing with his fingers now, nervous about what he just shared. "Oh. Is that why you like singing?"

Niall shakes his head, "No, I've always loved singing. I just didn't want to make it my career but I wanted to be involved with music so that's how I came up with Lighthouse records."

Harry's quiet. He never thought of Niall as someone to work in business, let alone own his own company. He knew Niall had money, Niall lived awfully comfortable in this big apartment.  Harry was aware of the record company but he didn't know it belonged to Niall. Niall's good at keeping things quit until he's ready for people to know. Harry's the same way. He's kept his situation with Zayn quiet for so long. Although Harry's never really bothered to ask Niall what his job was. Niall's job doesn't really matter though.