If I had though, she would still think I am her boyfriend and would be living here with me again. I wasn't sure I wanted all of that.

I do want to know where she is though. I wouldn't be able to stop myself from feeling responsible if something happened to her. I had already saved her from Barker. I lied smoothly about the docs saying she wouldn't be a problem, but what had been the point in putting my neck on the line for her if I was just going to let her run off and get killed some other way.

I sat there wracking my brain for literal hours.

My phone rang in my pocket and I pulled it out to see who it was.

It was scumbag Devin.

I hit ignore and then slammed the phone down on the coffee table in front of me. That prick was not someone I wanted to talk to right now. He called a second time but I just let it go to voicemail. He was one of the most disgusting men I know. That's saying a lot with the people I run with. He's got a very low down reputation.

He sent me a text.

Bro!! You got to come down to Carl's right now!!

I rolled my eyes in disgust. As many times as Barker has had to pull strings to get Devin out of jail on all of his assaults you'd think he wouldn't be aloud anywhere near a woman. Especially not naked ones. I would never go to a strip joint with that asshole. Yet, every time he's at one he feels the need to invite everyone he knows.

A second message comes in.

U aint never going to guess who is working here now! Lol

No. No. No. She wouldn't. Cassie isn't that girl anymore. I hadn't pushed her right back into her old ways, had I?

I quickly asked him who and then held my breath for his response.

CASSIE FUCKING CLARK! AHAHAHAHA. I have been wanting a piece of that ass for ages!! LOL

Oh fuck no.

There is no way in hell I am letting that disgusting ball of trash touch that girl. I was already half way down my front steps before I'd even finished reading his message. He better not lay one disgusting finger on her or I will kill him. I don't care that killing a member would get me killed, Barker would just have to kill me. I'm not letting him do to her what he has done to so many other girls.

I was driving so fast on my bike that I had almost laid it down two separate times.

When I got to the club I road my bike up onto the sidewalk and left it at the door. The bouncer tried to tell me to go find a real parking spot but I told him I didn't care if it got towed just to let me in. He waivered but finally let me through when I pulled some cash out of my wallet and handed it to him.

I ran through the dark club scanning the crowd for Cassie or for Devin. I couldn't find either of them but I saw Troy over in one of the lounge chairs getting a lap dance. I ran over to him and shouted over the load music. "Where is Devin?"

He looked surprised to see me. I very rarely come places like this. "He was at the bar last I saw him."

I ran that way and asked the tall blonde behind the bar if she knew Cassie.

"That depends on why you're asking." She told me giving off some attitude.

"Look, I just need to find her."

She squinted her eyes at me. "Who are you to her?"

"I'm her boyfriend." I spit out.

The woman just shook her head. "Uh huh. Which one?" She asked. "The country boy, or the asshole."

Ok, well I guess I deserve that. At least that means she really does know Cassie. "Look," I told her desperately. "I'm the asshole, but she could be in trouble. Please just tell me where she is!"

She gave me a hard look then sighed. "She just went out back with some guy who said he knew her." She finally told me. "They went out that way about five minutes ago."

"Thank you!" I called to her as I ran toward the door she pointed at.

As soon as I swung the door open to the alley I saw Devin had someone pinned up against the wall. "Please," I heard her soft voice begging. "Please let me go, I just want to go back inside."

I couldn't hold my anger back. A strange guttural yell came out of me as I ripped him off of her and then pinned him to the wall. I was holding him by the neck with one hand. His toes were just barely touching the ground and he was trying to gasp for some air. I would have held him like that and let the life leave his pathetic body if it weren't for her.

"Owen, oh my god!" She screamed. "Let him go, you're killing him." I wanted to listen to her but my mind was still too angry. "I'm begging you, don't!" The panic in her voice was the only reason I let him down.

He dropped to the ground sucking in his precious air. He coughed and made a fuss for a moment then got to his feet and started to stagger away up the alley. "Barker's going to hear about this man." He said turning the corner.

"Yeah?" I yelled after him. "I'm sure he'd love to hear all about it!" I screamed.

I turned back to face Cassie. She looked like she was in shock. Despite my better judgment, I reached out and grabbed her arms, pulling her to me. I wrapped my arms around her body and held her while she cried into my chest.

I've never felt relief like the one I feel knowing she is right here and safe.

What the hell is happening to me?