Chapter 4 | runaways

Reader POV.

"Hiccup, I know you have a hard life here, I can take you to your mother, you'll be treated much better" I said.

"Who are you?" Hiccup asked.
"(Y/n), (y/n) (l/n)" I said.
"Well (y/n) how do I know this isn't a trick, just another one of the gangs pranks on me" Hiccup said.

"Hiccup, I know your life story, your an amazing person, don't ever doubt that, and If people can't see that, then they don't deserve to know you, your the gift from Valhalla" I said.

Hiccup suddenly hugged me and started to cry.
"Thank you" Hiccup stammered.
"Hiccup you are amazing" I said and hugged him back.
Toothless came up and joined the hug too.

We sat and talked about his feelings for a while just so he could let it all out.
"Hiccup" I said.
He nodded.
I pulled out my Toothless plushie.
"I'm not kidding" I said.
Hiccup grabbed the plushie and examined it.
"I believe you" he said.

"Lets do it" Hiccup said.
"Really?" I asked.
"Please no one will care if I leave Berk" Hiccup said.
"Ok" I said.
"Can you get Toothless's gear ready? I'll go back to the village and get supplies, I'll sneak out tonight and meet you here, I'll keep you a secret don't worry" Hiccup said.
"Sure" I said.
"See you soon" Hiccup said and ran off waving.
I waved back.

As soon as he left and I knew it was safe I let out a huge scream.
"I JUST MET HICCUP!" I screamed.
Toothless jumped around me.
"Gimme a sec Toothless" I said trying not to cry with joy.

Hiccups POV.

(Y/n) eh? Shes some amazing girl.
The first HUMAN well half human to treat me nicely.

I walked through the woods daydreaming.
Her eyes... They glowed! And her smile...
HICCUP! Focus!
I stopped and realised.
I've moved on from Astrid, I like (y/n).

I smiled.
"Someone actually treats me amazingly" I said.
I entered the village and snuck back home. I managed to avoid the gang and my dad.
I gathered a bunch of supplies in a basket and hid it under my desk for tonight.

But theres one more thing I have to do.

Dear dad,

I know you probably don't care, but I'm running away, I can't kill dragons, that night fury I hit, well I found it, even if you don't believe me.
I looked at him and saw myself, so I set it free and trained it. I know, I know, how could you and all that. But he's my best friend and only friend up until now.
I found a gift from Valhalla dad. A girl thats half night fury saved me from, well, a Viking. Shes the only human thats ever treated me right I know it sounds stupid, but (y/n) is real, she's beautiful.
Don't bother looking for me. Even though I know you won't. We will probably always be on the run.
I don't think I'll come back.
But I'm gonna do one last favour for Berk, I'm gonna defeat the red death, the queen, and stop all the dragon raids. The only chance of me coming back is if you can all find it in your hearts to make peace with them.
I won't say goodbye but how about.

See you later.

Your son, Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III

-that night-

I put the letter under the door as silently as possible so I don't wake my dad up. I then snuck out the window with all my stuff and raced to the cove where I saw (y/n) and toothless waiting patiently.

Your POV.

"Ready to go?" I asked.
"One second, If anyone sees you in your strange clothes without any armour your not safe" Hiccup said.
"Didn't think about that" I said.
"I did" Hiccup said.

He dug around in his basket.
"Here" he said.
He held out some brand new nearly folded clothes and armour with sword.
I took it from him.
"Thank you!" I said.
I quickly hid and changed.

My long sleeved shirt was (favourite colour) and I had black leggings with a skirt, I had shoulder armour and knee armour. I also had a bad-ass helmet that covered my whole head. Everything was fitted to my dragon characteristics.

I came back out and put my old clothes in the basket.
"Y-y-you look amazing" Hiccup stammered.
"Thanks" I said blushing at the compliment.

"Ready?" I asked.
"Ready" Hiccup said jumping on Toothless.
We took to the skies before leaving Berk and setting off for valkas dragon sanctuary.