The Polynesian wrapped her arm around my shoulders and turned the TV off. "You know what you need, girl? You need a night out. You've been here for more than a month and we haven't gone clubbing once. You need to get loose, forget about your problems, maybe make out with a certain hot green eyed chick?"

I rolled my eyes at her. "You do know I can't get drunk, right?"

"I do. But that won't stop you from having a good time... Or making out with Lauren."

"Stop saying that." I playfully punched her arm.

"Ow! Learn how to control that strength before punching me, Jessica Jones!"

"Sorry." I pouted playfully and she hugged me tightly.

"You're lucky you're cute." She said, pinching my cheeks, making me frown. "Alright I'm gonna go find Mani and call Ally, you go call Lauren now. And please take a nap."

"Okay, mom!" I said and Dinah rolled her eyes before leaving the apartment. I took my phone from the coffee table in front of me and sighed before clicking on Lauren's contact number.

It rang two times and my breath got caught in my lungs at the sound of a familiar raspy voice. "Hello?"

"Lauren, hey. Wassup?" I said, cringing at how awkward I sounded.

I heard her giggling and my face broke into a shy smile. "Not much really, I just finished binge-watching season five of Game of Thrones. It's easily one of the best TV shows I've ever watched, I bet you'd love it." Game of what? Why would I enjoy a show about games? "What about you?"

"Oh, um... I'm not doing anything for the present moment." Shit, why do I get so formal when I'm nervous? "A-Actually, Dinah was wondering if we could all go out dancing tonight. You don't have too if you have something more important to do, I j-"

"I'd love to go." She interrupted me and I bit my bottom lip to hold back an even bigger smile. "Where are we going?"

I frowned and face-palmed myself when I realized I didn't even ask Dinah where we are going. "I- I don't know yet. I don't know any nightclubs around here."

"I figured." She laughed. "I'll text Dinah and ask her, yeah?"

"Y-Yeah, sure... Okay." I rolled my eyes at myself.

"Okay. I'll see you later, then?" She asked and I could practically hear the smile on her voice.

I smiled, scrunching my face softly. "Sure, see you later."

"Bye Camz." I felt my heart pounding hard on my chest. One entire month has passed and I still haven't got used to that nickname.

"Bye, Lauren." I sighed before hanging up and leaning back against the couch. That girl was driving me crazy.

~/~

It was nearly seven when Dinah got back home with Normani by her side and quite a lot of bags. I had taken a four hour nap and it was like waking up after being in coma for four months. "What took you so long?" I asked as I got up from the spot on the couch where I had settled after waking up to read a book.

"We went shopping. This -" Normani said, handing me three of the bags. "Is for you." I frowned at her. "Since you have no patience for shopping, or a good taste for anything that isn't jeans or leather jackets we decided to pick up what you're going to wear to impress Lauren."

"I think you got the wrong size, this is too small." I said, holding up the short black dress they bought to me.

"Nah, the size is perfect to show up everything you got going on there, girl. Show off those abs and Cuban ass." The Polynesian answered. "Trust me, chancho you'll look so much hotter than the usual." I sighed in defeat, and was about to ask her a question when she interrupted. "No, you can't put one of your jackets over it. You gotta show off those ta tas too. We also got you a black heel, a neckless and earrings to match. Go change then go to my bedroom, we'll be doing your hair and makeup."