Assistance Needed (25)

"God that hurt like a mo fo, oh and did I mention the spiders? Gah, the spiders. I feel like they're still crawling all over me." I shivered, shaking my arms and legs. Like do you ever has that feeling where you find one bug crawling on you then you feel like there are others? Yeah that's what I'm feeling right now. 

"I did not expect Widow (made up ) to show up." Nightwing sighed, throwing his arm around my shoulders and pulling me into a side hug. The two of us just got back from a robbery type of mission, and villains started showing up out of no where. We got the job done, but bleh. Freaking spiders were everywhere! I hate spiders with a burning passion! "Come on," he chuckled as we were walking to the mission room, "After we finish logging we'll go get some ice cream." 

The word 'ice cream' made my face light up. "Aww, how sweet." The somewhat unfamiliar voice put Nightwing and I on guard. We got into fighting positions and scanned the mission room, only to see my uncle leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

"How the hell did you get in here." I demanded more than asked.

"Teleport." He shrugged, pushing off the wall.

"Okay, why are you here?" I scowled slightly.

"I need your help." His tone was serious.

"You? Need my help?" I was barely believing what I was hearing. "Couldn't you like call instead of breaking in?" I asked.

"Nah, this is more convenient." He shrugged. 

Even though my uncle helped me with finding the flowers and such, I still don't fully trust him. "Again, why?" I gestured my hand for him to continue.

"Someone stole my staff and spell book." He said with a grim face.

"Just your spell book and staff?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes." He replied.

"Why would they steal those two items in particular?" I feel like there was a lot more to the story then he was letting up.

"With my staff and book a person can break Lucifer free." He answered.

"Well then why didn't you hide it better?" My eye twitched slightly in irritation.

"I did. The person that stole it from me knew how to open my safe. My magical safe that only I know the spell to." He said.

"How long ago did this happen?" I sighed, rubbing my temples as I imagined the chaos that could happen.

"Last night, I've been looking all over today before I caved and decided that I was going to need your help finding it." He said.

"How is Lucifer not running free right now?" I groaned, throwing my head back a bit before looking at my uncle again.

"A person would need to break the six seals that hold him down in hell before they can even attempt to resurrect Lucifer." My uncle answered.

"Why do you even have such a spell book?" I groaned.

"All angels do. Well, angels that chose the path of the mage." My uncle replied. "Either way, I need your help to retrieve those two items... Besides, my feather is sealed into my staff." Well now I see why he wants it back so badly.

"I'm guessing this feather is important?" Nightwing spoke up. He was quiet the whole time, and I almost forgot that he was there.

"Yes, if anything happens to that feather then my soul will be damned to hell. Plus, the person who burns my feathers gain my powers, and you do not want another person with my level of power running around. So, we better hope the person has no idea about my feather that's in my staff." My uncle scowled slightly.