Cure (18)

'Hey, I got the flower, I'm going to head back first. I can't waste any time.' I informed Hawkwoman.

'What are you talking about?' She asked.

'Apparently we only got until sunset before it's to late.' I told her, flapping my wings as fast and hard as I can.

'Where did you get this information?' She asked.

'... My uncle... I know he's probably not the most trustworthy right now, but I'm taking my chances right now... It's risky, I know, but he seems to know more than Batman about this pollen.' I told her.

'Well, it's your call.' She told me.

'I'll meet you at the base.' I told her.

'Alright.'

'Please, hang in there.' I thought, bitting my bottom lip.

~No one's POV~

"Taielos." Arden casted, sending a tailwind at his niece.

"Huh?" Serena felt confused when she started traveling faster. 'Oh well, as long as I get there faster.' She thought, using the tailwind to boost her speed.

-At the base-

"Hnnnn! Aaaah!" Dick shouted and grunted in pain as he thrashed about on the bed, tugging at his restraints.

"He's crashing!" J'onn shouted at Batman as he grabbed another syringe of lorazepam.

"Serena, please tell me you have the flower." Batman said on his com.

"I have it, I'm about 15 minutes away from the base." Serena replied.

"Graaah! Aaaah! Gaaah!" Dick continue to scream and thrash about. J'onn administered the drug intravenously and waited for it to take effect.

"Try to enter his mind again." Batman said. J'onn nodded before attempting to do so.

"Ugh." J'onn stumbled back, and would have fallen to the floor if Batman didn't catch him. "His mind to crazy, it's a frenzy in there. I'm afraid that if we don't hurry then we will lose him. He would be nothing but an animal so to say." J'onn told Batman. 'Serena, hurry.' Bruce silently pleaded.

About 15 minutes later, Serena barged into the medical room. Dick's head snapped towards her and he went into another frenzy. Serena stared at her boyfriend in horror and sadness. "What happened? What's wrong with him?" She asked, holding her tears back. 

"The poison, it happened about half an hour after you left the base. He just started going into a frenzy." Batman told her, walking up to her. Serena, bit her bottom lip, and looked away. 

"I'll prepare the antidote." She said in a strained voice, running to the kitchen and washing the flowers. Serena couldn't help but let a few tears slip as the image of Dick in that state flashed through her mind. Once the flowers and roots were cleaned, she quickly mashed it up in a a bowl and rushed back to the medical room. "We need him to drink this." She panted, holding the bowl of mush looking like thing.

"I don't think he's going to drink anything in that state." Batman said, taking the bowl from Serena, "I'll just turn it into a serum, and give it to him intravenously."

"No! That'd kill him! The body needs to slowly absorb it, a direct injection like that could send his body into shock." She told him, grabbing the bowl from him and walking up to Dick's bed side. Dick growled and snapped at her like some rabid animal, he struggled against his restraints and was leaning his body up towards her.