Forty Five // Week Two - Don't You Forget About Me

Start from the beginning

We had about fifteen minutes until we were on. Caitlin was getting the finishing touches to her makeup while Julie was doing vocal exercises with Gale. Luckily I had already finished mine and I drank that disgusting smoothie that is supposed to help with your throat. If anything it makes you want to throw up.

"Jay Cee El to the stage, Jay Cee El to the stage." A voice spoke through the speaker in our dressing room. Butterflies filled my stomach as I turned to look at the girls, who were finally finished up. Caitlin had a huge smile on her face and she ran over to me, taking my hand. I laughed quietly and squeezed her hand as I held out my other hand for Julie to take.

My brown haired friend took my hand and together we started making our way towards the backstage area. 'Good lucks' could be heard from both Ben and Gale as they stayed to clean up the mess we had made while getting ready. We walked down the long hallway that was full of dressing rooms for each contestant. Some of the solo acts shared though. We got 'good lucks' from them too and the girls and I wished them all luck as well.

We finally made it to the backstage area and were soon pulled apart to get our microphones. There are not many dance moves to this song so we were getting actual microphones that are held in our hand, instead of head pieces that make it easier to dance in. My microphone had a piece of blue tape on it, Julie's was purple and Caitlin's was pink- all of our favorite colors.

The three of us meet back together and stood together before our cue to go on stage was called. I nervously smiled at my two best friends. Smiles were returned before we walked out onto the dark stage. My place was closest to the way we came on, so I was the first to stand still. The dark stage hid us well, the only light coming from the spot light in the far left corner where Khloe Kardashian stood. She ran a hand over her black dress before speaking.

"And now we have Jay Cee El." She said. Applause seemed to explode throughout the small arena that the X Factor was held in. The lights began to fade in as the music started and Julie sang the introduction to the song.  

"Hey, hey, hey, hey. Ohhh..." She sang; I could hear people calling her name. I took a step closer to the end of the stage, bringing the microphone to my lips.

"Won't you, come see about me? I'll be alone, dancing, you know it baby. Tell me, your troubles and doubts, giving me everything, inside and out and love's strange, so real in the dark. Think of the tender things that we were working on." I sang into the microphone, opening my eyes when I had finished.  

"Slow change may pull as apart, when the light gets into your heart, baby." Caitlin must have captured everyone's attention with her voice, she was that good.

"Don't you, forget about me. Don't, don't, don't, don't. Don't you, forget about me." We all sang together and lights faded from white to blue.

Julie stepped closer towards the judges, "Will you stand above me? Look my way, never love me. Rain keeps falling, rain keeps falling, down, down, down." She sang.

"Will you recognize me?" I sang, "Call my name or walk on by. Rain keeps falling, rain keeps falling, down, down, down, down." I sang.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey. Ohhhh....." Caitlin sang loudly, the cheers growing.

"Don't you try to pretend, it's my feeling we'll in the end. I won't harm or touch your defenses, canity and security." Julie said.

Caitlin stepped closer, closing her eyes as she sang. "Don't you, forget about me. I'll be alone, dancing you know it baby. Going to take you apart. I'll put us back together at heart, baby."

"Don't you, forget about me. Don't, don't, don't, don't. Don't you, forget about me." We sang again, the lights fading like before. 

"As you walk on by," I sang.