Chapter Thirteen: The Summoning

***hi guys please reread the beginning of chapter 9! I changed some things that are vital to know for this chapter and later one. So don't read until you reread chapter 9!!!***

The next morning was a horror show. Jay kept giving me side glances and goofy smiles. One might have thought it was enduring, but it wasn't to me. It was just a reminder of last night.

    Stef fired question after question at me. "How could you kiss him?" and "Was it any good?" I could never give her a satisfying answer. Mostly because I didn't know why I kissed him back.

Liar.

  I shook my head hoping to clear my thoughts. It didn't help. While Stef and Jay argued over where we should hide next, I snuck out the hotel door. I had to clear my head. The fluorescent lights were still on from last night and made a buzzing noise. This wasn't working.

  Across the street from the hotel was a bus stop boarding it's passengers. I looked back at my room door. I need to get away. I took three steps towards the bus before Jay had a tight grip on my arm.

"Where are you going?" The green in his eyes almost sparkled as he looked down at me.

"I just taking a walk. What's your-" Jay cut me off with a kiss. A groan left his lips and he grabbed me closer to him.

No

Yes

  "No!" I shouted. I pushed him off of me. "This isn't right. None of this is right." I blinked away tears that threatened to fall. I couldn't be with him; He's dangerous. He's the reason why I've died over and over again. He's the reason why my father got killed. He's the one who...looked like Rail. He was the one who loved me.

In my past lives, I could feel the undoubtable love between us. I loved him, but I wasn't in love with him anymore. I think Jay saw that written on my face because he backed away and hid his face from me.

"You're so different this time." He said. "I thought we could finally be together." He shook his head. "I guess I was wrong." He growled. Jay's face turned hard and shined with his bronze light; in the blink of an eye he was gone.

Man, I wish I knew how to do that.

"Tough break kiddo." Stef said making me jump. "Wanna talk about it?"

"No. It's none of your business."

"Take it you're still mad that I lied to you?"

"No duh, Athena." I looked over at her. She was surprised when I said her name. I was alittle surprised with myself as well.

"Lemme make it up to you." She had this grin that would make anyone smile. I couldn't stop myself from smiling back.

"How?" I asked.

"I was thinking, since you may or may not still mad at me, that you would like to know how to summon your own Roper."

***

  "I thought I couldn't summon my own Roper." I said. Stef was rubbing my shoulder as if I was a boxer getting ready to go into the ring. Her Roper hovered above me it's hands glowing gold. She had flashed us to some abandoned warehouse in Lawrence, Massachusetts, the next town over from Salem. The warehouse was made out of tin and smelled like rust and oil.

"Jay likes to lie too you know." She said. I turned around and looked at her. Her red hair was in a messy bun and she was wearing all black workout clothes. Her face was the face of a best friend and a warrior. "I wanted you to find out on your own. You wouldn't have believed me if I told you."