Ch. 49 Virgin State of Mind

Comincia dall'inizio

My mind was going A-WALL until I felt her again. Somehow I could feel she was in the city not too far from where my house was, but it was a good six miles.

She ran that far?

As I zipped down the streets I finally felt a strong enough pull towards a bridge. I parked my car a block away and ran towards the structure. I stopped and could see her looking dazed and confused as she sat on the cold ground in nothing but my shirt and boxers.

She heard me walking and instantly stood up. I held up my hands and continued towards her. Violet’s eyes darted everywhere looking for an escape or probably wondering how to fend me off. Silly of her to think she would ever have to fight against me, but then again she lost her memory.

“Stay away from me,” She warned in a grave tone but I kept walking towards her.

Her scent filled my senses and her heart beat pounded through my ears. Her body looked as if it glowed slightly, but her eyes look afraid.

“I won’t hurt you Violet,” I tried to reassure her but she looked skeptical and started to walk backwards. Funny enough she backed into a light pole.

“How do you know me?”

“We’re friends.”

“I don’t know that we are,” She pressed and her breathing started to come short.

“You don’t remember much of anything right now do you?” I asked hoping it would make her start to see I wasn’t out to kill her.

She looked like she was trying to think if she did but her shoulders slumped and her eyes became more sad. “No. I don’t remember anything but my name.”

Violet began to cry and I couldn’t stop myself from running to her. She didn’t fight against me as I held her in my arms and let her tears soak my shirt. Her cried were almost too much for me to bear. Just like the time when I told her my sob story about my life long ago. I hated seeing her cry, and now that she had had my blood, it physically almost hurt to see and hear her do so.

“It’s ok. Everything is going to be ok.”

~

Thankfully Violet decided to come with me. She was quiet as she sat in the front seat with me. I boldly reached out and grabbed her hand softly to let her know I was there for her. Even though she might not remember our friendship, I was going to be there for her and help her get her memory back.

When I reached my house I helped her out of the car and brought her to my kitchen that I never used. She sat at the mahogany table still silent. I wanted to talk, to hear her voice.

“You’re hungry right?” I asked her and she nodded.

I dialed Pam and told her I had her back at my house. She asked if she should bring the team over and told her yes along with some groceries.

“What kind of groceries?”

“Come on Pam. Bring some soup from that popular restaurant on Fifth Avenue.” And I hung up before I could hear another snide remark. You would think she would remember what humans ate. I do and I’m way older than her.

I went to go sit across from Violet at my table. She watched me with kind but still intent eyes. “Pam is going to bring some soup and you will be able to meat again the people who are on our side. You can trust-”

“CAINE!”

I looked behind Violet to see the fairy Annabelle. She looked pissed and Violet said, “Hey I saw you!”