Chapter 5 - Betrayal

Start from the beginning

"Honey! You are looking so quiet?"

She asked by holding my face in front of her with both hands.

Surprisingly Moms are interpreters, even when infants can't speak, a Mom can easily draw meanings in slangs of her child.

"Nothing Mom, just headache."

I replied while standing up on prayer mat, "I will take medicine after breakfast don't worry, Mom."

I decorated fake smile on my face.

I lied, just not to bother her for the thing in which nothing was left to do.

                   ------------

                    ♥♥♥

Rudaba's
Engagement:
🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

"I'm coming, just coming."

I hanged the phone and ran to my closet grabbed my hand bag, reassured the presence of camera, and other accessories inside.
I was much excited today, just because my friend Rudaba was going to engage today.

I took out my dress which I was going to wear in the evening, it was neatly hanged on a hanger.

Honk! Honk!

There was a car outside, in which Rudaba was waiting for me to come down. I slipped in Abaya—  pinned my hijab and dashed out.

Oops! Sandals.

As I realized I'm forgetting something, I halted then turned to my closet again. rom the bottom portion I picked a pair of my silver sandals (because I was wearing white long frock with silver work) and rushed down again.

"Here I come!" I galloped.

"Mom! I m going, you be on time OK?" I pecked her cheek. She nodded with a smile.
"I will call Bhai to come soon to attend Rudaba's engagement." I tucked my strand, which was escaping out of my hijab.

"OK honey, don't worry, you better be with Rudaba, she is waiting for you."

Mom Patted on my face lovingly.

"Allah Hafiz, Mom!" I bid her farewell.

"Allah Hafiz my dear."

Mom replied and waved hand as I opened the car door.

**********

At Rudaba's House:

Rudaba was looking so beautiful that made me happiest.

She was quite quiet.

"Mashallah!" I said by heart then added. "Today Ahsan bhai will be totally flat."

"Ahahaha…"

I chuckled, she was blushing; I captured many of her smiles.

"Come on Noor! Get ready Guest will be here soon."