Chapter 17: The Truth

Sorry how long it has taken to upload this chapter. I have had my University coursework to complete, but here it is, i hope you enjoy it, please tell me your thoughts.

After her guests left, Alice walked to her kitchen straight to the fridge to look for some food, her fingers tapped on the handle as she thought, "Pizza it is." She mumbled to herself. She didn't have to eat, but it irritated her if she didn't eat, it was a distraction she didn't need, it was the same with sleep, she didn't have to sleep, though her mundane mind would keep thinking it was tired when it was fine.

Alice walked to the oven and turned it on, then put the pizza in to cook, put the timer on. She walked to the living room, walked to the bookshelf. "Well, what you got on here for me to read, it better not be history you know I hate history." She asked out loud to Raziel.

Would I do that to you? She heard her Uncles voice in her mind.

"Defiantly." She chuckled and pulled a book out. "Firepower, now this sounds like an interesting book for me to read."

She walks to sit down in the sofa she looks at it and frowns, she sees a stele sticking out, "Really?" She looks at the stele, she saw how simple it looked, with lines just crossing horizontally along it.

She placed it on the table then sat on the sofa, opening the book, the first chapter read.

Controlling your firepower.

Alice skipped that chapter, looking at the other chapters, she finally found a chapter that sounded interesting, it read

Expanding your firepower.

Now this is more like it, her eyes scanned through the page. Learning everything, she needed to before her pizza finished cooking. After 8 minutes the oven beeped telling her that her food was ready, she slams her book shut, walking to the kitchen, she opens the oven and pulls the tray out without oven gloves, she could control fire, 180 degrees centigrade didn't affect her at all, she put the pizza on a plate, cut it into sliced then wrapped her mouth around the first slice. "mmm."

Her mouth watered so much, it was then she realised it had been a while since she had eaten.

She walked through to the living room with her pizza, when her senses were suddenly on high alert. She sighed deeply, "Really? I cannot even eat my food?" She put her pizza on the table, walking to the window to see what was going on, she had the pizza slice in her hand. "Demons..." She mumbled, eating the slice she had in her hand, then opened her window, jumping out of the window.

"Looking for me?" She spoke proudly, then ran in the opposite direction.

* * *

Jace, Alec and Izzy had returned to the institute and they were all chilling in the library, "Can you believe it though?" Alec spoke first, as they were all just sat silent for five minutes.

Jace looked up, "Believe what? That I have a sister? She seemed to know me so well, if your parents didn't come, I would have gotten my memories."

"You'll get them tomorrow night; I'm sure she'll keep your promise to you." Izzy replied helpfully.

"Yeah but I wasn't talking about that, I mean she is Raziel's niece, she is a Shadowhunter like the name." Alec stated.

Jace looked at him, "Yeah I got that, and I do not like how rude you were to her, she went through hell and you were so heartless."

Alec looked down sheepishly "I know; I am sorry I just didn't trust her, did you see what she could do, like the rune on Magnus? How did she do that?"