Chapter Ten

*Jamie's P.O.V*

The tears poured down as I rested my head in between my knees. I curled up behind the door, Louis was begging me to come out and Zayn was apologizing his head off. A loud beeping noise came from the other side of the door. I lifted my head quickly What is that? The fire alarm?

"Jamie, you need to take your medicine." Louis told me. I sniffled and got up, I walked over to my bag and brought out my tower of medications. I opened the Monday column and took out the pills, I grabbed a bottle of water and swallowed them. I put my water bottle down and put my pills away. I walked back to the door, my hand hovered over the knob, I sighed and opened it. There Louis and Zayn stood. Zayn tried to give me a hug but I pushed him back, instead I held my hand out gesturing him to stop what he was doing. 

"Look, it's not okay, it will never be okay. There is no need to be sorry." I told him. Zayn looked at me apologetically, I could tell he had been crying by his somewhat shiny cheeks. I sighed and looked at Louis. "Could they leave, please?" I asked him. He bit his inner lip and looked at Zayn, Zayn nodded and walked away. Louis left to say the boys goodbye and I went back to my room and sat on my bed.

I looked at my duffel bag, I brought my hand to it and unzipped it. I stood up as I started rummaging through my stuff. I slightly smiled when I found what I was looking for, my high-school jersey. I laid it out on the bed and unzipped the side-pocket of my bag, I pulled out my old captain sleeve. I bit the inside of my cheek and hesitantly slipped it on my arm, I stopped half-way. I grabbed my jersey and put it on over my shirt, I lifted the captain badge and started sliding it up my arm; I tucked my shirt into the elastic band and looked in the full-body mirror that was on the wall. I put my hands on my hips and took in my appearance, I reminisced on my high-school days.

I've gone so much farther than I ever thought I would. In high-school playing competitive was just a dream, a fantasy...Soon, soccer to me will just be a mere memory, faded, broken and scarred; just like me.

I was interrupted by my thoughts when I saw a figure standing in the mirror. I turned around and faced Louis. He brought his finger up so it was pointing to my arm. "You were captain?" He asked. I smiled and nodded "Yes sir, Varsity captain for 2009 through 2011." I told him. His eyes went up, "Wait...You're a sophomore in college now, 2009 was four years ago.." He told me. "You were Varsity captain as sophomore?!" He asked me. I smirked "Yes sir." I responded. I sighed and started picking on the elastic. I chuckled. "It's funny, I thought I would make it all the way..." I spoke, quietly muttering the last part. I slipped the band off. "I was so close." I whispered. I gently tossed the band on top of my bag and sat on my bed. 

Louis sat beside me. "You know, you might not have made it anyway." He spoke. I looked at him "Really?" I asked him, "Really?" I asked again. I looked straight in front of me and paused for a moment. "Are you serious?!" I asked him. He started to shift a little "Well...No, I guess there was a very high chance for you to make it." He admitted. I brought my hands up and buried my face in them. "I'm never going pro." I mumbled. Louis placed his arm around my shoulder "Oh come on, don't say that." He told me quietly. I lifted my face and looked at him. "No!" I protested "It's impossible!" I shouted. "The doctor said I can never play soccer again, ever." I told him, a bit more quietly this time. 

Louis reached over and grabbed the captain band. He took my hand and gently slipped the sleeve up my arm. "It may be impossible, but please, don't give up." He told me, I smiled slightly and adjusted the band. I pursed my lips "Okay." I breathed. "I won't." I told him. He smiled "That's more like it." He told me. I glanced at his vibrant blue orbs and our eyes locked, it's almost like there was a magnetic pull, I couldn't move away. I felt Louis' hot breath on my cheek, I immediately pulled back and started fiddling with my fingers. 

"Oh..Um.." Louis stuttered. "Do you want to watch a movie?" he asked. I shrugged "Whatever you want to do." I replied. He smiled and stood up "Follow me." 

A/N WADDUP? There's JV practice tomorrow but I don't wanna go cause they got like, 7 offsides calls. :P I'm not on JV just the Girl's team, I missed try-outs and now JV is full. I LOVE SOCCER SEASON. :D I have another game this Friday. :) VOTE/COMMENT/FOLLOW ME! ~Shakira