Chapter Five

*Jamie's P.O.V*

Everything was silenced in my brain, I could hear my breath and my occasional heart pounding. I watched the game ahead as I played defense. As much as I adore offense there's something about defense that makes me attracted to it. It's like a peaceful adrenaline. I could hear the impact of a foot hitting the ball, I heard the net snap and Nick let out a victory scream. I jumped and pumped my fist in the air. 

"Good job, Nick!" I shouted from the other side of the field. We all jogged back to the bench and got out waters; Nick's score ended the twenty minute scrimmage which also ended our practice. 

Nick made a mad dash for the building. "Last one there is a rotten egg!" He called back. I smiled and grabbed my bag. I sprinted to him, I passed him and laughed. "Sucka!" I shouted as I neared the doors. Suddenly I felt something in my heart, it felt like it flinched which sent a sharp pain to my ribs. I let out a small 'oompf' in pain but ignored it as I kept running. I ran to the doors and waited for Nick. My breaths became increasingly heavier than before. Nick jogged up to me, I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Rotten egg!" I teased. He chuckled "Actually, Louis, Hope, Messi, Chris and all the other players are still back there." He told me. "JOKES ON YOU!!" He exclaimed. "Oh shut up." I muttered as I sent him a wink. 

I walked inside and headed to my room. I opened the door and took socks and shinguards off. I grabbed a towel and wiped my sweaty shins and forehead. I felt kinda weak so I just lied on my bed and let my mind go blank. I closed my eyes and let out a breath. I love the silent moments, where it's just me, myself, and I; I rarely get these with my career. 

I abruptly opened my eyes when a knock came from the door. I sighed and walked to it. I opened it and a very, very, hyper boy was on the other side. "Hey hey hey! You wanna play FIFA?!" Nick asked me as he started jumping up and down. I chuckled "Have you had soda?" I asked. He swerved his head around "Mmmm...Maybe three....Or..Four.." He told me. I laughed "Alright, let's go." I told him. "YAY!!" He exclaimed. I jumped at his sudden outburst. He dashed down the hall and started jumping and skipping around; Holy crap, I'm gonna miss that kid.

I walked down the hallway but stopped when I heard an angelic voice.

"I'm gonna pick up the pieces, and build a lego house..If things go wrong we can knock it down."

"My three words have two meanings, there's one thing on my mind..." I started gently singing on the opposite side of the door as him. "It's all for you." We sang together. He stopped singing. I heard commotion going on. He opened the door and I sent him a weak smile. He peaked out of his room and looked up and down the hallways. "Was that you?" He asked. I chuckled and looked around "Yeah, it seems it was." I responded. He smiled "You have a pretty good voice." He told me. Just 'pretty good'?! My voice is AMAZING! Gosh, get it right, Tommo.

"I'm gonna go play FIFA with Nick, wanna come?" I asked him. He looked back at his room. "No, I got some stuff to do." He responded. I nodded "Alright, but if you ever want to get beat by me in FIFA, I'll be in the game room." I told him. He chuckled "Whatever you say, Morgan." He walked back into his room and closed the door.

Well that was awkward...

*

"BOOM! IN YO' FACE, MORGAN!" Nick exclaimed as he started jumping on the couch. My face was blank, I just stared at the TV in awe. The XBox controller left my grasp and fell unto the floor. "What, the, pancakes." I managed to speak. "I won! I won!" Nick cheered. I shook my head and got up. "Congrats Nick, you're the first guy to beat me." I told him. Honestly, it was tearing me up inside that he beat me, I swear I could have beaten him any day.

I took a deep breath and slowly walked towards the exit. "Hey, you okay?" He asked. "Yeah, I'm fine, I just need some rest, I guess." I told him. He just stood on the couch and watched me walk out the door. I pushed open the door and almost bumped right into Louis. "Hey, are you playing?" He asked. "No, I'm feeling pretty tired." I told him. I started walking away, a sharp pain was sent to my chest and I groaned, I grasped one of the near tables for balance as my knees gave in. Louis rushed to my side. "Are you okay?" He asked as he helped me up. "I'm fine." I insisted. "I just need some rest." I breathed. "I'll help you to your room." He suggested "No!" I responded loudly. Louis backed away slightly. I sighed "I'm fine."

I slowly walked back to my room, grabbing things for balance. I eventually made it to my room. I hastily put the key in, I missed a few times but I got it right after a few tries. I opened the door and stumbled into my room. I grabbed my desk for balance and made my way to my bed. I plopped myself on the unmade blanket and slowly drifted to sleep.

A/N Sorry for the boring chapter, I want at least 20 chapters in this story so I have to shorten them quite a bit. Thanks for reading! VOTE/COMMENT/SHARE! ~Hannah