Chapter One

*Jamie's P.O.V*

I sat on my couch in a criss-cross position with a tub of ice cream sitting in the space between my legs as I eagerly watched professional soccer. This is my routine after we lose; or win, for that matter. I concentrate on their plays. The way their feet move in magical ways, in different strategies and different orders. I devote myself to soccer, there's always room for improvement, in this case, there was a lot of room for improvement.

I kept my eyes glued to the television as I scoop another spoonful of ice cream and bring it to my mouth. A ringing noise blares from under the couch. I reach under the cushion beside me and take out the phone. 

"Hello?" I ask with remaining ice cream in my mouth.

"Jamie Morgan?" The voice on the other line asked.

"This is she," I responded. "Who is this?"

"This is Lionel Messi."

I spit out the ice cream in my mouth onto my leather ottoman, "What?!" I choked.

Messi laughed on the other line "A fan, I presume?"

"Yes! Yes, definitely!" I responded. The smile on my face was growing. I'm talking with the Lionel Messi!

"Well then would you be interested to play with me for Charity?" He asked.

"Yes!" I quickly responded.

"Great!" He exclaimed "Two weeks from Friday I want you in England. I'll email you more details." He explained. I hastily racked through my brain if I had anything going on in three weeks, and if I did, it's definitely not as important as this.

"I'll be there!" I confirmed.

"Fantastic! Any questions?" He asked.

"Uhm..Who's all playing?" I asked him.

"Carlos Vela, Benny Feilhaber.." He started listing them. My excitement built with every name. "Louis Tomlinson, Hope Solo-" He started
"Hope Solo?!" I asked him. He chuckled. "Yes, you'll have a friend!" he told me. "We're going to get more college players though, so you won't be the youngest." He told me.

"What about that Tomlinson guy?" I asked him.

"Oh him? He's some singer, he plays futball and he volunteered. He's 21." He explained. "Oh okay, well, contact me if there's any changes!" I told him.

"Alright! Bye," He responded. 

I clicked the 'end call' button and meditated on what just happen.

I just had an actual conversation with the best soccer play in the world! (A/N Sorry Ronaldo fans) I got up and started jumping on my couch. I waved my hands around and went into full fangirl mode. A little barking creature got my attention. I smiled and picked little Jojo up. I bopped his nose with mine "Guess who's playing with Messi in two weeks?!" I asked him. He tilted his head and his ears shot up. "Me!" I answered. He barked and formed that adorable doggy-smile. He started attacking my face with kisses. I laughed and set the little, furry yorkie down. 

I grabbed the half-empty tub of ice cream and walked over to the kitchen. I set the ice cream back in the freezer and grabbed a washcloth. I cleaned up the mess I made when MESSI, THE GREATEST SOCCER PLAY OF ALL TIME, CALLED ME. I scrubbed the leather ottoman until it was back to it's normal color. 

I sat back on the coach and resumed watching the game; Although it was very hard to concentrate when my role-model just called me.

I wonder if any more celebrities are going to play - I wonder if they're single. Psh, yeah, no. I don't hope of getting a boyfriend anytime soon, even if he does play soccer or he's famous. I'm good on my own, I'm in college and I have a pretty good apartment. I was offered a soccer scholarship so life is good. If I make it to professional soccer then I'll be just dandy on my own.

But why would they want me for a Charity game? Do people really love watching me play that much? I guess after the incident they'd pay to see me screw up again. 

I pushed the negative thoughts to the back of my mind and switched the channel to SportsNation. 

"Louis Tomlinson of One Direction is playing with Messi in two weeks, what do you think of that?" Collin asked Michelle. 

"Oh please, Tomlinson is going to be in trouble One Way Or Another. I don't know why he agreed to this." She stated.

I listened with much interest. They're talking about the game, this is a great way to get more info on it.

"Nice pun." Collin spoke. "But millions of people would pay for that, especially you, Michelle." Collin  teased.