Chapter 7: Preparations

General Hux walked towards Kylo Ren, who, yet again, was staring out of the observation deck. Hux took his place behind him, and said, "Ren, the Supreme Leader requests your presence on Dahvil. The Knights of Ren will be meeting you there, as well."

Ren nodded. "Set your course, General. We must have a new mission."

He then turned and walked past Hux, his pounding footsteps leaving an echo on the floor. Hux took a deep breath, then commanded, "Set a course for Dahvil! Take off when you're ready!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back on Ehjenla, the sun was rising, painting the world in a brilliant calligraphy of colors. Despite the sun just now making its appearance, the Resistance was already wide awake. Officers retrieving information from outposts, guards taking their watch, and pilots getting ready to take off on local missions.

Rey was out inspecting the Millennium Falcon, making sure it was prepared for the journey to Gala. After the talk with Jennica, Rey and her went back to the base, their conversation turning to the little life they've lived so far. It was a topic that brought laughter and intrigue; Jennica getting particularly interested in Rey's explanation of meeting their friend BB-8. They probably got less sleep than they probably needed, but neither regretted their talk. 

At least, Rey was trying not to think about the promise she made. That part of the previous night still caused her insides to twist.  

Chewie walked out from the ship, roaring up to her. She stopped fixing the calibrator and listened. "Wait, what?" she asked.

He bellowed his statement again. Rey's mouth fell. "How bad is it?"

He shrugged with a frustrated roar. 

"Chewie!" Rey exclaimed. "I told you to not let Finn fix anything! He has no clue what he's doing half the time!" 

Chewie shook his head and pointed to something in the ship. He bellowed out an explanation.

Rey sighed. "Okay, okay, I get it. I'll see what I can do about the reciprocator once we take off. We don't have time to fix it now."

She resumed her working of the calibrator as the Wookie went back inside. 

The General said that they could take the Millennium Falcon to Gala, and since Chewie came with it, he was joining them. Rey was just happy she would have a copilot on board that knows what he's doing. Plus, the General also assigned her favorite little droid, BB-8, to the mission--another win.

Finn then walked over, pushing a crate of supplies. They floated just inches off the ground, allowing him to easily maneuver them towards the ship. He placed the crate by a couple others.  Poe's jacket sat loyally on his shoulders. 

He glanced up at Rey. "Is there anymore you want me to get?" he asked her. "Or is this fine?"

Interrupted from her work again, Rey looked down. She counted the crates of ammunition and food. "Um...I think that should be enough. Thanks, Finn."

Finn nodded. "Anything else you need me to do?"

Rey creased her eyebrows, thinking. "No, I don't think so..." Her face alighted with realization. "Actually, yes! Don't touch the ship."