28. I Will Wait

Two years ago, I decided to accept a new work assignment in Benguet. 

At first, my parents were hesitant, but they supported me. The mission organization set up a field office here and I  really enjoyed working with the youth and the local people. I missed my work at Esther's Home but Rachel graciously accepted to take charge indefinitely. And I'm really happy to know that she's doing very well.

I still visit Today's Hope when I have time whenever I report to the main office. The Boy's Home was constructed already and I heard that the DGN Construction Company is now renovating the Girls' Home in Laguna. It surprised me that Daniel did what he planned. I remember him saying that he was praying to help in the reconstruction of the Girl's Home.  I'll have to thank him when I have the chance.

"Hi, Faith. I'm so sorry I'm late." Thea said.

"Oh, you're just in time."

Thea's my friend since primary school. She transferred in Benguet a year before me. She told me that she fell in love with this place and with that she was convincing me to settle here. Surprisingly, the mission organization expanded its program to the youth of Benguet and here I am.  And I thanked God, my adjustment could never be easier without this wonderful lady.  And maybe, this is where I really meant to be.

Today Rachel will come to visit me.  She said we'll just meet at the museum.

At the museum, I noticed a new frame placed on a small table near the window. It was different. I knew this because almost everyday, Thea and I will pass by to go to the coffee shop located at the lower ground of the museum. Inside the wooden frame were two poems written side by side. I'm familiar with the poems...

I Will Wait

You'd been leaving soon

And I don't know what to say

I wanted to hold you

Just for another day

The memories we shared

Will never be forgotten

Your smiles and laughter

Are here to linger

In my heart,

I wanted you to stay

But I understand

That you must go again

This is only for a while

That I know

Just promise me you'll come back

I will wait for you

Whenever you're alone

Just remember I'm just here

Standing still....

I am praying

May the Lord protect you

In everything you do...

May He always guide you

Wherever you may go

May you always be reminded

Of this love from above

As we wait for the moment

To embrace our hearts...

For the One Who Waits