10. Finding the One

"Here you go." Gabriel put a box of raisin cookies on my table.

"Oh, what's this for?" I asked. I wanted to tell him that he's starting to a habit of bringing food.

"I got it from Antipolo." He casually said.

"I thought somebody gave it to you again," I told him.

He laughed.

"It's okay to say thank you,'' Gabriel said.

"That's right! And a cup of coffee would be great!" Pam said. I didn't notice her coming inside the Communication Room.

Gabriel nodded. He also handed Pam her raisin cookies.

"All right! " I said sounding like defeated.

When I came back, Ma'am Shelly was already in the office.

"Good morning Faith! " She greeted.

"Good morning Ma'am Shelly!" I said while putting down the tray of coffee.

"Since everyone is here, let's have a short meeting then? " Ma'am Shelly requested.

Gabriel, Pam and Ma'am Shelly proceeded to the wooden center table. I went back to my table to get my notebook and pen.

"Let's start the meeting, " Ma'am Shelly gestured me to sit on the vacant seat beside Gabriel.

"What happened to the Medical Mission last Saturday?" She asked Gabriel.

"Everything went well Ma'am Shelly, we just missed Faith." He said.

I felt my face turned red as Gabriel said that.

"I agree, Faith we missed you there!" Pam said.

"I'm so sorry, I really got an appointment that time. Well, I think I'll make it up to you for the next activity." I apologized.

"Okay, just do the write-up for this activity, Gabriel. How about our organization's retreat? Any update?" Ma'am Shelly continued.

"We had a meeting last time with the retreat committee. Guess, we're all set for it." I said.

"I'll assign the three of you for the documentation of the retreat. If that would be all right?" Ma'am Shelly asked.

"By the way Ma'am Shelly, I'll be out today. I'll cover the Youth Session in our Laguna Center," Gabriel reminded Ma'am Shelly.

"Oh, that's right. So who's coming with you?" Ma'am Shelly asked.

"I'm with  Ate Liza," Gabriel said.

Ate Liza was the Program Officer assigned to Laguna area.

"Any of you girls coming?" Ma'am Shelly inquired.

"I am afraid, I can't come this time. I have to check on the coffee table book." Pam replied.

I was about to say something when Pam cut me in.

"Faith can come, right Faith? This is the best time for you to make up for not coming at the medical mission?" 

"Huh? I have to do some proofreading and editing...." I said.

"I think Pam is right, let me have that Faith. I'll do the proofreading and editing. You can come with Gabriel. He'd be needing help in the coverage." Ma'am Shelly reiterated.

I had no choice but to follow Ma'am Shelly. Ate Liza went to our office and informed us that we'd be leaving in fifteen minutes. I shut down my computer and get my backpack. Gabriel, on the other hand, got the camera from the storage room. As we were approaching the elevator, Ate Valerie called.