5. Catching Raindrops

I dropped off Rachel at her house. I really enjoyed the night. But my heart was still full. It was overwhelming though. Perhaps I was just surprised of what happened at the coffee shop.

After greeting my parents, I went straight to my room. This Sunday was so jam-packed. I just lied down on the sofa and as I closed my eyes, I could not help but remember what the worship leader in the church said about her rain experience. She said that God's love is like holding raindrops in your hands. One cannot just contain the raindrops in one's hand. It will overflow. That's how immeasurable and unending God's love is. We can only hold that much because it would never stop and end. I also believe in that. And I fell asleep contemplating those thoughts.

***
We held hands but I couldn't remember how it feels like. He said we could embrace though. It was so sudden that I couldn't remember how we looked like. I could only remember the touch of my face on his shoulders.

The embrace was so gentle like a gentle breeze of the wind across the hall. As if time stopped and I could feel my chin on his shoulders. He then looking straight into my eyes and I had to look away. I thought I was just dreaming all along.

Monday morning. It was an activity in our company gathering. Everyone formed a big circle and each one switched from one to another to give encouraging gestures.

I went straight to the Communication Room after the activity. I remembered that I have to check an email from Ma'am Shelly about an article for the website.

"We still have dessert and coffee!" I heard Pam from behind.
Pam had been my friend ever since I worked in the mission organization. We had the same way home, so we'd always went out of the office together. She would always wait for me even if I had to render overtime to finish editing. When she got married last year, although she still wanted to wait for me, I had to tell her that someone's waiting for her at home and I'd text her when I got home.

"I'll go back Pam, I just have to check on something," I answered back while running to the room.

I was point-blank staring in front of the computer for about five minutes. I opened my inbox and saw various emails. I clicked on the message of Ma'am Shelly containing the edited article for the website.

I read Ma'am Shelly's message:

Dear Faith,

Here's the edited article entitled, "Educating Community Kids Through Supervised Neighborhood Play."

I just added some points. The rest of the article is okay. Go ahead and upload it on our website. One more thing, I think I'll have to extend my leave, I'll be coming for next week. I'm so sorry. I'll assign you to cover the medical mission in Antipolo. I'll also email Gabriel so you two can cover it.

Hope everything is well.

Ma'am Shelly.

I heaved a sigh. Of all people, why Gabriel? Perhaps I could ask Pam to replace me instead. I suddenly feel awkward after what happened a while ago with Gabriel. I was composing my reply to Ma'am Shelly when I heard someone opened the door.
"Here you go, you can have my part." Gabriel came with a piece of blueberry cheesecake on a plate and placed it on my table.

"You don't have to; I was about to go back." I protested.

"Everybody is looking for you, so I just bring it here. Would you like to have coffee?"

"Oh, I'll get it myself. This is too much."

"By the way Faith, have your read the email of Ma'am Shelly?"

"What email?" I pretended not to know.

"We're going to cover the Medical Mission in Antipolo this coming Saturday."

"Oh, that. I think I'm not available on that day, I should ask Pam instead."

Pam just got in the Communication Room.

"Speaking of Pam, here she is. Pam, I have a big favor to ask". I pleadingly asked. I looked straight into her eyes.

"What is it Faith?" She was holding a cup of coffee and was about to give it to me.

"About the medical mission, can you come with Gabriel on Saturday. I have a previous appointment, a very important one. Can you cover for me?"

"Saturday, all right I think ...." Pam started to say something...
"Please... say yes Pam?" I cut her off.

"All right, I'll do it. " She helplessly agreed.

I hugged her as if I won a jackpot prize. I could just saw Gabriel smiling at us. Pam whispered to me.

"What's going on Faith, are you sick or something?" She was surprised at me. I didn't hug so much.

"I'm not. I'm just glad you said yes. I really have to attend to something very important this Saturday."

"Okay Pam, so it's me and you on Saturday," Gabriel said.

I ate the dessert and drank the coffee. The day went so fast. We all concentrated on our respective works. I uploaded the article on the website and just check on some write-ups from the program staff. Pam was also busy calling some suppliers and printing press for the coffee table that would be released for the organization's anniversary.

Gabriel on the other was just in front of his computer also writing and editing some materials. It was past 5 pm, Pam packed up. Gabriel also fixed his things and said that he had to go early. I was relieved though because we would not go home together.

"Faith, are you sure, you're not going yet. Looks like it would rain." Pam told me.

"I'm okay. I have to finish something. I'll be off in an hour. Go ahead, Pam." I said

Pam and Gabriel went out already.

After an hour, I packed up my things. I checked first all the lights before going out from the Communication Room.

I rode in the elevator and as I got out, I remembered that I put it in my drawer. I didn't want to go back so I just run my way thinking I'd be able to get a taxicab right away or be able to get a bus ride. The rain started to pour down. I had no choice but to find cover to the nearest waiting shed.

As I was waiting, I held out my hand to catch the raindrops. I wanted to feel each raindrops falling in my hands. I was the only one in the waiting shed. I closed my eyes to feel the sudden fall of the rain.

"Hey Faith, what are you doing? You're getting wet." A familiar voice said right beside me. As I open my eyes, it was Gabriel, holding his umbrella.

"Gabriel, what are you doing here? I thought you went home already."

"I just bought some groceries, I saw you running a while ago. That's why I returned. Need a ride?"

The rain seemed to pour down really hard. I was hesitant but Gabriel took hold of my laptop bag and held my hand to walk with him where he parked his car.

"We need to hurry Faith," Gabriel said.