Chubby Cheeks 36

For several minutes I blinked my eyes unable to grasp what happened. I was not even sure where I was; with a jolt I jumped up from a hard bed and that repulse dragged me back to the soft pillows, because my head was throbbing with such intensity. The pain blinded me for a full minute and this time I slowly got up.

In front of me sat the most impeccable heartthrob that made me feel weak and strong at the same time. There were a few scratches and bruises plus a bandage on his left arm. Nat was lying on her bed with a nurse attending to her. She too didn't seem to have big problems. Thank you lord! The rest were okey but something interested me. There were reporters, lots and lots of them, excitedly chatting to their news channel to make this exclusive for their enterprise.

"... luckily the riders were escaped with a few scratches and bruises. IML Bike Tournament authority just spoke to News Vision exclusively apologizing to everyone for this inconvenience and they let us know that the rescheduled date for the final round will be announced within couple of hours. So, stay tuned IML fans for your stunners will be back in power; until then, we can cross fingers for their fast relief. This is AndyMyers with JeffersonStuart behind screen." "Oh, Jeff, that was a relief. God, didn't I mess it up?"

"It's good; we will have to interview that Alexander from Red Scars before someone else has him. Like you said before, he was the only one being targeted."

"Yea, but I don't think this is the right time. Come I need to refresh. We need to get him before he leaves."

So what did actually happen? I was dying to know but my headache was so excruciating I just wanted to drink three Advil and curl up in my duvet. Alex didn't see me got up nor did anyone else; so, I was about to make my way up to Alex when inspector Jenkins walked to me.

"Hey sunshine, I was coming to check on you. Are you okey?"

"What happened? You promised nothing will happen. WHAT happened?" I snapped at him.

"Umm... nothing much and sorry I promised you that because this was completely unexpected. The little explosion was made by a geek novice who didn't know who asked him to do it; he sneaked in through the bake entrance without anyone noticing and I was really stunned by that. He said he was paid in large numbers, six whole numbers to be precise. Man, I would doubt him if he said no to that offer. Well, I wanted to sue these people but Alex asked me not to. I was furious, because I wanted to provide my guards but they insisted they got it saying it was a disgrace for their name. Douche bags... sorry; well, good thing this boy didn't know how to activate that thing properly. Otherwise, I..."

He didn't need to complete because I know what would have happened. I crossed my hands and prayed hard to thank my Lord above for saving me from the complete shutdown if Alex was...

"Hey beautiful..." I opened my eyes to glare and snap.

"YOU are stopping this stupid game THIS instanT."

"Oooh..." his face was scrunched up in a very cute expression but I didn't let that show on my face because I wanted to be mad at him. Only then can I convince him that he needed to stop this dangerous game. Before he could say anything I turned my face from him gaping mouth and snapped at Jenkins.

"Why was I knocked out inspector?"

"You just retrieved from a shock; this one was another one of those."

"I-I saw fire and smo-smoke..." I remember seeing it in midst of the dust and I was dying to know what happened.

"That was my bike, my baby is completely lost..." Alex answered me dreamily and I instantly felt sad for him but the brain wave that the bike may have been Alex made me red again.