Chubby Cheeks 35

Everything was silent. I could count my own heartbeat. This was really strange as I have never experienced something like this before. I should be either dead or someplace else; if not I don't know what I am going through.

The place was so strange, I have no doubt I was dreaming this. But, when did dreams started to be this realistic? At least, not in my whole life have I seen such a dream that was so vivid and detailed. A part of me wants to feel ecstatic and enjoy the movement while a part of me wanted to escape from this unexplainable event.

I looked around and swallowed my surrounding, at least I tried to. I was in a garden with rose and lilies adorning the right side in a long row that was neatly arranged. I was really impressed with the mastermind of this gardening. The rows were breathtaking as the immediate one next to where I was sitting was of red rose, the adjoining row was of white lilies and the next one is a pink rose, the next line to be red lilies and so on.

But to my left, it was completely opposite to what I have witnessed on the right side. There was no discipline here as the flowers were like my hair on the most morning. I can never say I was never impressed because this one held something special because this side was bursting colors. I wanted to just dissolve into them without a care. I was never a sort of person who learned anything in school, it was sheer luck I used to pass with at least five A's to make me stand bearable. Thus I was lost to actually point out the flowers by its name. However, like I said, it was a sight to take in.

Did I mention the warmth the surrounding was blanketing me in? Well, I guess no. Ah, the sun was blessing me with a golden glow, wrapping the place in beauty which was a beggaring description. I have never seen the sun in such glory. All I ever remember the sun to be was either high up in the sky, least bothered to balance the chilling cold or all its Medusa rays on us with such heat that makes us only go around in a bikini. But, truth to be told I never had a bikini body and thus I was stuck inside loose baggy shirts and pants. Ah, that was really a nice outfit for me to trend the fashion for such a season, not to mention the endless rain of praises from all those tank-top-shorts-too-short-that-I-can-actually-see-their-bums girls. But, now as I stand here in the middle of such beauty, the warmth was too soft on my skin as if the sun was scared to hurt me.

Suddenly the flowers got crushed under such force with a booming voice, forcing me down to my knees. I don't know where the sound was coming from and what made the flowers die but the sound wave swept through me again and I was in pain. Strong waves of agonizing pain.

All I get to see after the scene change was the gray clouds gathering on me and bucket loads of cold water came crashing down on me. I felt frostbiting on me, freezing me, numbing me. My teeth made a rhythm clattering onto one another. Yet, I stayed there, never wanting to escape from the rain; escape from the cold.

I laid there watching my life as a movie. I never saw any other person but only me. I was alone in my movie; the sole survivor.

Somewhere far, my name rolled like ice balls to me; echoing through the void hitting on my cheeks. My whole body was convulsing. I felt like someone was shaking me forcefully. My name came running to me in haste, shaking me, waking me up from the frozen state I was. Nothing made any sense, I was crying now.

Suddenly I jolted up to bright light and many faces which were black masses staring at me. There was one face in particular with chiseled features and boyish looks staring at me with sweet chocolate eyes. His eyes crinkled and smiled at me. I did one thing which just came out like a thunder. I screamed. I screamed so hard that many faces went away from me, but Alex held me in his arms. Someone injected me something on my right arm and that lulled me to a deep sleep where everything went black.