Chubby Cheeks 8

Before I can even process, I was hanging on a bright Saturday morning. How did Saturday come this soon? Where was I yesterday... ah, in my home with a cappuccino watching frozen. I smiled to myself for the childish fantasy I crave. Fabian was still sleeping and I remember him saying that, on this day, he tends to get his beauty sleep and I let him be. I picked up my jogging boots and walked out. I preferred the morning sun on my face and nape rather than sleep.

Sleep has always sucked the energy from me, glamorizing my inner thighs and abdomen, or so as a nutritionist said. And yes, the more I slept and having my portioned anything meal, I felt like a heavy fat thing. Even though it was hard, I quit sleeping late and started to go for a walk.

The street was deserted as it was Saturday, a day most of the joggers take off from running and I was happy to see it all for myself, no funny stares, and no irritating flirts. I could see some scattered here and there and some smiled at me. Those friendlier ones I wished to see often and Mrs. Grainer, one among them was walking her dog. 

I occasionally skid myself to pamper the beauty, her white fluffy fur made it even cuddlier, I loved this thing. Mrs. Gainer was a gorgeous one even in her late fifties and a living thing that made me feel I am honored and amazing. She often invites me to have tea and coffee. She was a loner, left behind by her twelve sons and four daughters. That was very much considering the time now, but, she said, she held them all to her heart with

"Have breakfast with me, angel." And she is my family; she is the only other one apart from Fabian who calls me Angel.

"Oh, well... why not." I texted Fabio to not wait up and went with her to the beautiful little cottage just around the end of our street. It had a few acres of land with it, beautifully groomed and well attended. Sheep, cow, duck, pig, cat, and dogs grazed like they owned the land. I loved coming here.

"So, how are you, my dear?"

"I am good, tell me about your granny."       

"I am not feeling good angel, you know, I am a little bit worried and the words keep popping into my mind that I am not going to last soon, my time's up and I can see Gerald smiling and wait by a gate. I am worried, about this place; I don't want it to go away from my family. I don't want the community to take our land dear. I fear for this place, this is what he and I have curdled blood to etch our existence. This is..."

"Shush....oh dear, I never knew, you never say anything. Have you tried to contact them?"

"Kids... how can they do this to me? How can they do this to us? This is our place, they only have to come and look inside to see me holding the family photo of all my gems..."

"Now, there...there...see, Fluffy is scared, look at her." She sniffed and looked at the scrunched up nose and the slow whining with titled head, making her adorable and granny laughed a sad laugh making the Fluffy jump from her lap and looking at her with an amused look. By then Fluffy was ok with the change in atmosphere and barked an excited cry, wagging her tail beautifully. This controlled granny and now she was hugging the dog and silently talking to her

"Granny... I better get going." 

"No-no...stay, I have my best pancake and chocolate pie; you should eat."

"There goes my jogging and diet down the drain."

"Oh, accept your body honey, you are a little fat, I agree... but, you are not those who are short of breath after doing a simple work. You are who you are, accept It." it opened my eyes and I was glad to hear those words.