Hi There (1)

Key:

'...Thinking...'

"... Talking..."

'.... Communicating telepathically...'

"... Talking through communicator(s)..."

_________________________________________

~Serena's POV~

"Dick, I swear, I will kick you in the nuts if you don't shut up." I groaned, laying my head on my desk and covering it with my arms. 

"You really gotta stop staying up so late." Dick chuckled.

"Not my fault..." I grumbled. 

"Your parents again?" I lifted my head up and replied to Dick with a nod. "I thought you called the police on them." He sighed, scooting his chair closer to me.

"I did... They found no evidence..." I sighed, turning my head to the side so that I was looking at him.

"No evidence..!? Serena, your body is littered with bruises...! How could they not find any evidence." Dick growled. 

"They just didn't okay? Can we just drop it, I'm tired and don't wanna talk about this right now." I sighed, reaching out and grabbing his hand and playing with his calloused fingers.

"I'll get you out of there," he grips my hand, "I promise you, I'll get you out of there one way or another." 

"Dick, you know how I feel about promises. Don't make them if you can't keep them." I sighed, slipping my hand out of his hand. Dick and I have been friends for the past three years now. He's just worried about me, that's all. 

If you don't know what we're talking about, him and I were just talking about my situation at home. Listen, it wasn't always like this, it just started a few months ago. My parents treated me okay ish until about three months ago. It was around that time that my parents got caught in this Joker accident; my mother gained some kind of healing ability, and instead of using it for good, she abused it. She cared for money more than saving lives. 

My mother works as a doctor at a hospital that she owns, she used to be a caring doctor that would help as much as possible, she'd even pay for some of the patient's surgeries if they couldn't afford it. But all that changed after the accident. My mother could heal nearly any disease or injury, and she started to cure some people that had acute cancer, but soon she saw a huge profit out of that. Needless to say, money got to her. 

Now, my father on the other hand, he's just a bastard. Always was always has been ever since I can remember. He used his telepathic abilities that he gained to secure business deals to build his business.

You're all probably wondering: what does all this have to do with you and your abuse? Well, when I turned sixteen, let's just say that I developed... You know, grew some boobs, got some curves... My parents saw this and used it to their advantage. My father would have business meetings with other companies and he'd use me as a bargaining tool. Of course, I object to all of this, so that's when they started beating me for not obeying them. They'd just beat me and beat me until I submitted, and when I tried to call the cops on them, my mom would just heal my injuries so that I was in tip top shape. Hence no evidence. 

This has been going on for three months. Now, when they'd make me sleep with the person that my dad is trying to make a deal with, I didn't actually sleep with them. I'd just mess with their mind to make them think that they slept with me. Of course, my parents have no ideas of my powers, they have no idea what I am.

Oh, I guess I forgot to tell you that I'm adopted, and that Dick has no clue of what my parents do besides beat me.

Either way, back to real life. "Hey Dick, what did you get the answer to number 24?" I asked, pointing at the math equation.