☙36❧

"Get off me! Let go!"

No matter how many times or how much louder I got, it was futile. These guys were much stronger than i was when they worked together, and in my panicky state i was not going to be able to think clear enough for an escape plan.

I hadn't let up though since I was thrown in the van back in Blood Moon Falls. My thoughts kept switching from trying to get away from the Society to the phone call with Aunt Penny. I had known it was her calling and when I pushed that green button and hid the phone, she could hear every single thing. It was better for her to know what happened, somewhat, than to not know at all and think that I just disappeared on them.

Hopefully they got Violet out okay.

But now here I was and I could feel my heart beating quickly and my breathing was picking up in my panic of not knowing what was going to happen.

I continued to struggle with the two men holding my arms and it didn't help that they were holding me up in the air. Since retrieving me out of the van, they followed who I found out was my uncle towards the familiar house that I'd been at not so long ago and now were heading down the just-as-familiar hallway leading to that ballroom area where I first met my grandfather.

In my panicked state, I did the only other thing that I could do and that was to remember my aunt telling me that I was either to stay back or get into my Hunter mode. I honestly didn't want to tap into it, but if it was the only way to get away from these guys, then that was what was going to happen.

Glancing to the side at the man on my right, i eyed the handle of the knife he stupidly had in my reach. Then I observed the man on my left who had his pistol in my clear vision. Remembering that there were about seven more uniforms behind me, I had to take precaution when, and if, they took fire against me.

Using the fact they were holding me up in the air as leverage, I grunted as i kicked up my legs and twisted myself in the air to climb on top of the man on my right. I straddled his shoulders from behind, taking hold of the knife in the process and spiked him in the neck. This had startled the others to take action, but i could hear someone shouting, "Restrain her! Do not kill her!" just as I was yanking out the knife from the man underneath me.

His body was toppling to the ground so I jumped off and spun around with a kick to the man with the gun. I kicked it up in the air and as he was jumping up to grab it, I tossed the knife that sliced through the palm of his hand. Instead, I was the one who was able to snatch the gun in the air to spin around take one shot to three of the remaining seven. The other four rushed forward with their weapons.

With the gun, unknowing how many bullets were left, I shot at the men's legs and was able to immobilize only two of them. The remaining two learned quickly by throwing their knives in my direction and I hissed at the blade that knicked my face.

"Stand down! She is vital to the Society! Don't you forget that!"

One of the men kicked my feet out from under me and I gasped, falling on my backside hard. I sneered, kicking my foot up to hit him in the face but the other one took advantage of this and lifted me up roughly. Again, i used this to my advantage and grabbed the handle of his knife to whip my arm backwards just to hear the satisfying gurgling of blood choking the man who had knocked me down.

The last man holding me gulped as my eyes shifted to him. With a flick of my fingers, I flipped the blade to twist it around to hold it properly and joined it to the middle of the man's forehead. After he clumped to the floor, I grinned though out of breath.

Just as I spun around to take care of my "uncle", my head snapped back and I let out a painful cry. Holding my hands to my nose, I glared at the man narrowing his eyes at me. Not too much, but enough to let me know he meant business. My temper was rising and he could feel it. I angrily was too busy yanking out the blade from the man's forehead to fight this other man, instead of trying to escape.