☙29❧

I can't tell you how scared I was seeing Aunt Penny just sit there, her eyes locked on me.

She narrowed her eyes, shifting her gaze to Auric beside me then returned to giving me the most terrifying look ever. I couldn't tell if she was mad, curious, weirded out... I dunno. But my heart was beating wildly as my brain registered that Aunt Penny had been sitting down here the whole time while i was upstairs having sex with my boyfriend!

Was I loud? We didn't make that much noise, did we?

I mentally thought back to being upstairs; trying to work out whether or not that I was safe from my aunt knowing what I did. Maybe she would just think that I was running late...

Ugh. Come on, Thea.

I clenched and unclenched my hands at my sides; feeling how sweaty they were out of nervousness. The fact that she wasn't saying anything else was reeeeeaaaally working my nerves.

Why couldn't she be like a normal parent and start yelling at me?

Aunt Penny's raised brow rose more as she leaned forward and tilted her head.

"I'm waiting..."

Biting my lip, I glanced at Auric whose narrowed eyes at my aunt were curiously trying to figure out her meaning. I think he was wondering too if she knew what was really going on upstairs. I looked back at my aunt as she clicked her tongue against her teeth and uncrossed her arms; pushing herself to her feet and pursed her lips to the side.

Her eyes raked down Auric's person before doing the same to me, then placed her hands on her hips.

"I could play stupid and pretend that I didn't hear my niece having sex with her werewolf boyfriend..."

I wrinkled my nose, squeezing my eyes shut tight. Crud.

"But then where's the fun in getting to say that you are fuckin' grounded until your eighteenth birthday? Oh... and that includes not getting to see your friend there," she nodded beside me.

My mouth dropped, eyes wide under my lowered brows as I scoffed, "Are you serious?!"

Aunt Penny's brows rose, eyelids half-mast, "Oh, I'm sorry... Did i stutter?"

"You---you can't do that! Aunt Penny, that's not fair!"

"Not fair...?" She blinked hard, frowning with her arms crossed again. "Young lady, what's not fair is the attitude you are giving me after I had told you to go to school! I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt, Thea, when I decided to stay around, and i thought---there's no way she would disobey me---but then..."

She closed her eyes, scrunching her nose and raised a hand in the air in front of her with her chin turned away, "Then I get the uncomfortable honor of hearing my niece repeatedly beg her boyfriend to---" Aunt Penny raised her middle and pointer finger from both hands to air quote, "'Not stop'."

Straightening, she tilted her head that usually that phrase was associated with the naked tango dance, and now Aunt Penny was not only furious about me disobeying her to go to school, but even more angry that Auric was in my room---and what I was doing in there with him.

Taking a deep breath with her fingers against her temple, Aunt Penny opened her eyes to me.

"You have no idea how disappointed I am in you right now, Thea Saranto. You have been lying to me... Disobeying me... And i have had enough! Now, I understand that you are going through a lot with finding out all these things about your parents; especially your mother."

I narrowed my eyes, jaw tightening.

Aunt Penny saw this, but made no note of it. She just continued reprimanding me.