☙24❧

Breakfast had been awkward that morning after I came back downstairs in one of Mrs. Dennison's dresses.

I kept tugging at the hem of the dress, wrinkling my nose as I was walking down the stairs; hating that I was a bit too big body-wise, but then short. I forget that I have to have particular sizes to wear. The pants were three sizes too small and her shirts showed my midriff too much which i wasn't comfortable with.

Mrs. Dennison finally sighed, pulling out an armful of dresses from her closet to place on her bed. I stared at the heap with a bit of a smile; i liked dresses. They were so pretty to look at and one of the more comfortable pieces of clothing to have on when on your period---i thought at least.

Then i felt my smile wilt when i remembered that I've always had trouble finding a dress that didn't make me look frumpy or like a piñata. So it was safe to say that I was feeling the same way with Mrs. Dennison's offered dresses.

But there was one, after trying on countless, that she said had rarely worn. When i asked her why she hadn't worn the dress, she shrugged that it wasn't typically her favorite and was now glad that she bought it anyway because I could try it on. She hoped that it fit me though. She held out the black dress with a pink and white floral print outstretched in front of her to peek from behind it.

"What do you think?" she asked, raising her brows.

I smiled that it was lovely, but the real question was if it would fit. But it did. It was a bit snug in areas, like my waist and boob area, but the skirt of the dress was flowy. When i walked, i kept tugging at the hem of the dress just to make sure it wouldn't ride up. My fingers kept checking the back of my thighs that they were still covered.

I had followed Mrs. Dennison into the dining area where the Six and the Alpha were scarfing down their plates of food. The woman of the house was heading into the kitchen and returned with two empty plates, smiling that I should hurry and eat before I was late for school.

I nodded, taking the plate and sat down at the only empty seat which was next to Violet of all people.

She looked at me through the corner of her eyes, just watching me reach over to grab a piece of bacon. My eyes met hers as I was pulling my arm back with not one, but three pieces of bacon since it was one of my greatest weaknesses. Gulping down hard, I remembered back in the guest room when Auric explained that she was the one who broke up with him because she could see our attraction for one another.

I didn't know if I should hug her or apologize to her for that. After all, she was still in love with Auric. It didn't take a genius to see that. Even if I was a bit clueless about things.

Turning to my plate of food that I filled with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and seasoned potatoes, I felt my stomach rumble; egging me on to devour into the meal in front of me. Boy, did it smell delicious!

I scooped a forkful of the potatoes into my mouth and looked up to see Auric sitting across from me with his intense gray eyed stare. My left cheek was puffed out with the food as he stared back at me, chewing slowly. He kept my wide eyed gaze when the corner of his mouth curled up into a smirk and I sat back blinking away my daze.

This boy did things to me... Know this, yes?

I looked away from Auric who went back to eating after shoving his brother for stealing a handful of bacon off his plate, to Violet again. We met eyes and her green ones studied me as I was praying she wouldn't hit me in the face again. That took about two weeks for it to go away, mind you.

Instead, Violet narrowed her eyes and glanced at her ex-boyfriend then went back to eating.

Guilt still engulfed me as I watched her, wondering how she was strong enough to just let him go like that. But she was a werewolf. That had to be a reason why she managed to hold herself together while seeing the love of her life make out with someone that wasn't her.