☙35❧

It's been about three weeks since Alpha Dennison came for dinner with his wife and discussed with my aunt and Thatcher about Auric and I. I was still feeling uneasy with how the dinner went after the Alpha and his wife showed up at our house.

The glare that the Alpha gave his son when entering the house made me shift awkwardly where I stood beside Auric. The Were-jerk didn't even flinch to be honest. He stared right back at his dad and purposely took hold of my hand in his, squeezing it lightly and I gulped. It made it kind of stiff-aired until Mrs. Dennison wedged her way past her husband and smiled with a pie in her hands.

She was just widely smiling as if there wasn't any tension in the room and looked around as she nodded, "So... where shall I place this pie? It's pumpkin by the way!"

Aunt Penny broke from where she stood and went forward to lead the way into the next room where the others began to follow too. I wasn't sure whether or not to stand there or follow the others until Alpha Dennison grumbled, "I'd like a moment alone with my son, Thea, if you don't mind."

When i made a move to head into the next room with the others, Auric tightened his grip on my hand and stated to his dad that whatever he needed to say could be said in front of me. I glanced at my boyfriend, whose jaw tightened the longer he glared ahead.

Alpha Dennison closed his eyes, sighing heavily and shook his head as he grumbled at his son that what we were doing was dangerous. That if whatever my mom had seen was true, then we could not be together.

"She's not going to hurt me!" Auric growled, stepping closer to his dad.

The alpha snarled for his son to mind his place that had the eighteen year old narrow his eyes but backed off. His mother suddenly walked in, glancing between all three of us as she asked, "Is there a problem here?"

When I weakly smiled at her, Auric grumbled that there was no problem. Then he pulled me with him into the dining area.

"Auric Dennison, you don't walk away when I'm talking to you!" the Alpha snapped, i could hear his footsteps stomping behind us.

It was then that Auric released my hand and spun around to growl out to his dad that he was going to have to remember there was going to be a point that he couldn't keep telling Auric what to do. That, at eighteen, he could make his own decisions and didn't need his dad breathing down his back every damn few seconds.

Alpha Dennison growled, his eyes glowing gold as he stood practically nose-to-nose with his son.

"Let me remind you, son, that you are not Alpha yet! Aside from that, you are still my son and live under my roof, and you will do to remember you are still my responsibility until i feel that you can handle the responsibility of the pack! So don't you try and get high and mighty with me, Auric, when you've known this is your obligation since you were nine!"

Mrs. Dennison kept shifting her frantic gaze between her husband and son; both staring the other down with a challenging glare. She took that opportunity to place her hand on her husband's forearm and sternly say his name.

When the man's jaw twitched in the only acknowledgment towards Mrs. Dennison, she muttered to him that they were guests in my home and that there was supposed to be a civil discussion going on. 

"As for you," she turned her attention to her son whose gray eyes shifted to her. "You may be eighteen now, Auric, but Thea is still underage and if her aunt chooses to keep you two apart there would be nothing you can do when the law of the humans considers her a minor."

Mrs. Dennison stepped between the two and took hold of her son's face in her hands. Her gentle touch made him simmer, I could only tell because the tight grip of his hand over mind started to loosen.