☙27❧

Screaming....

The screams from Mrs. Hollow were the only sound I could hear in the grand ballroom. They were so anguished, so heart-tugging and I was the cause of them. I was the reason she was hovering over her son still choking on the blood protruding out of the middle of his throat. His body jerked in spasms while his father was shouting in encouragement for his son to hold on.

But could he?

A numb feeling seeped into my fingertips and traveled up throughout my body the moment I saw that shard pierce through Maddox. I--I don't know how to explain it... I honestly don't understand what happened... One moment I was hearing him shouting at me, deciding that I was going to join the Society.... And at first i felt confused, then annoyed...

But it was after that distinctive ringing in my ears that I couldn't remember what happened next. I didn't see myself doing any of those things that led up to Maddox getting hurt.

That is until Mrs. Hollow screamed and i broke out of whatever trance I was in.

I stared down at my shaky hands, lifting my eyes up and over at the family on the floor. Mrs. Hollow was holding her son's wide eyed face, shaking her head for him to not panic, while his father was shouting at the suited man to radio in immediate help.

Turning away to the others in the room, I felt my bottom lip and chin quiver. There was a sudden shift inside me that I couldn't comprehend. My mind couldn't process what I had just done to Maddox. The guilt was eating at my insides while my eyes fell on the one person I looked to for support on what to do---ignoring how angry I was at him---and the Alpha's eyes stared back at me with this painful gleam in them while still the look of thought was on his face; figuring out what I was to do.

I shifted my gaze to his son standing near him and whimpered, "Auric..."

His gray eyes looked more determined than his father's once I spoke his name, and he narrowed his gaze at the couple standing a few paces from the werewolves. My head turned in their direction too, my eyes blurring as they stared at me in wonder. I could see the interest their eyes glazed with.

"Why... Why'd you do this to me!?" I shouted through my sob, gasping a small breath before glancing through blurry tears at the Hollow family.

When I faced them again, Pritchet and Sora looked like proud parents; holding one another close and stuck their chins up. It was Pritchet who spoke up that I was their granddaughter, and that i was no longer going to be looked at as weak with the bloodline activated.

Sora hummed in thought, pulling away from her husband a bit as she stepped forward.

"Absolutely... Remarkable..." she murmured.

Frowning, i blinked back some of the tears that had yet to fall and shook my head, "What is?"

"You, Thea, darling. You are what is remarkable. With only half of the Hunter bloodline, it's truly a moment of awe in how skillful that throw of yours was. With a piece of glass too. It certainly works thoroughly with a bit of a temper, i noticed..."

Skillful!?

Maddox was dying in the middle of their ballroom, and they are complimenting me on how well I exceeded in throwing a piece of glass!?

With her fingers clasped in front of her, Sora smiled, "Makes me wonder, Pritchet," without taking her eyes off me, "if perchance our granddaughter is more of Emeel than we predicted. Maybe even more."

Pritchet nodded, stepping beside his wife and grinned, "We'd have to have the medical team test her out before the initiation."

They were totally having a full-blown conversation with one another like it was Sunday afternoon while the rest of us were freaking out over what I just did! And now they were talking about having a medical team 'test me out' before the 'initiation'!?