☙34❧

"Argh!"

Athena's claw just scratched down my arm for the second time; the sting of it shooting up to my shoulder. Twisting away, I managed to whip around and use the wrench to hit against the side of her head. She went forward with a grunt, falling onto her stomach. Her head lifted up, slowly perching up onto her hands with a low growl rumbling out of her chest.

I stepped back, breathing heavily and kept my eyes on her though I did take a second to look down at my arm that she scratched me down. She tore through my long sleeve, some blood soaking into the cloth already. Narrowing my eyes at her rise to her feet and turn towards me with her claws inward at her sides, I felt the tingling sensation in my arms again. That stupid serum starting to kick in.

With the screwdriver in my left hand, I flicked my fingers, spinning the tool around once between them and shifted my position to the side with one foot in front of the other. The she-wolf across from me had blood trickling down the side of her forehead indicating the wound that I had given her. The hate this werewolf had for me was flashing across her gold hued eyes as she snapped her jaw in my direction.

She tilted her head to the side, growling out, "You've put up a good fight... i'll give you that, Human. I clearly under estimated you as such a weakling. But don't get too comfortable. I always play with my food before I eat it!"

My jaw clenched at the thought that this girl still thought she was going to kill me. She was that determined that she blew past the fact that I was able to pubble her with a wrench a minute ago, but no. Apparently proving my fighting ability---as little as it is---wasn't going to cut it with this girl. Her idea of backing off was until my blood soaked these tile floors.

Well, that wasn't going to happen.

Rolling my shoulders back, I huffed out a breath of air.

"Alright, Athena... You want me?" my lip curled into a sneer, "Come and get me."

This was it. This was where she and i were going to lay it all out, and I was ready. So as she was hurling herself towards me; huffing heavily through her nostrils and a roar coming out of her mouth, I braced myself for when she'd collide into me. I was not going to go down without a fight. That was for sure.

But the collision never came. Not for me at least.

A figure shot forward from my peripheral and tackled Athena to the side, their bodies slamming into the metal of the lockers while i stepped back wide eyed from the surprise of it. The snarls from Athena and Auric were nasty, and angry. I just stood there for a moment before I found the Six at my side. I turned to my left to see Langley and her brother looking on at the fight in front of us then there was Jonah, Violet and Valentine to my right doing the same. Each of them with narrowed eyes and frowns.

When I looked back to the two teenagers fighting, all i saw was the way the red head took her claw and slashed at Auric's face. I widened my eyes, trying to go forward but the twins pulled me backwards making me drop my weapons in the process.

"Let go of me! Let go!"

But the Six pulled me further back, giving the two room to keep fighting it out as Jonah kept glancing at his younger brother while warning me that I had to let them have it out. That it was a long time coming and this was the final straw between the two of them since it involved me.

"He's protecting what's his, Thea! Let him be the Alpha he's supposed to be!" Jonah snapped and I blinked at him, staring into his eyes as he raised his brows in warning for me to stop fighting.

When he turned back to the fight, Auric snarled at Athena as she was being pinned underneath him. He then got a grip of her shirt and hoisted her up, slamming her into the locker and watched her slide down. Her gold eyes on him as she did so, but a low growl was emitting from her. Auric leaned forward and let out a locker-rattling roar at the she-wolf. She leaned against the locker, swallowing hard before she arched, trying to tiredly reach up to brace a hand against the locker behind her to stand up again.