☙4❧

"Goooood Morning!" Christa sang, appearing beside my locker for once without slamming it shut.

I gave her a look and returned to my locker. Raising a brow and reaching in for my sketchbook, I asked her what happened to writing her paper together. I glanced at her to see her smile fall and she wrinkled her nose, gritting her teeth.

"Ooo... my bad, Thea. I totally forgot about that."

"Did you?" I asked, honestly wondering if she did forget or if she just blew it off. "What if I had plans?"

Christa laughed, throwing her head back and then looked at me, her face falling. "Oh, you were serious?"

I rolled my eyes. I know that I lived a simple, boring life, but I was a teenager. I could have been wanting to spend time with my aunt and instead was breaking plans off because I had been waiting for my best friend to show up when she said she would.

"I texted and called... you didn't get any of those?" I leaned my head forward, raising my brows but Christa scoffed, "Jesus, Thea. Relax! Okay? I forgot about our plans of working on the paper and instead went to Mitchell's party that he was having that same day."

I pouted, looking a bit hurt that Christa got invited to another party and I didn't. 

But I should have expected this. Christa was popular to her own standard. People liked talking to her because of how social she was, and yet sometimes I forget that we are best friends when she goes to parties and doesn't ask me if I want to go. Not that I expect her to, but it'd be nice to be asked. But then again... who would want boring ol' me at their party anyway? Especially the girl whose parents were killed not so long ago.

I blinked hard, shaking my head to keep from going into my Debbie Downer mode and asked about Sunday then.

"Was there another party too?"

Christa raised her brows, scoffing, "Dammit, Thea! You are such a buzz kill."

I frowned, "How am I being a buzz kill? I was just asking if you went to another party?"

She nodded that she did, but that I didn't have to sound so sarcastic about it. I replied that I wasn't being sarcastic. Christa raised a brow and rolled her eyes, waving away our conversation.

"Whatever. So I heard some more about our new folks in town."

It was my turn to roll my eyes, looking back into the locker to grab my water bottle that Aunt Penny shoved into my hand before I left the house.

"I don't know if I want to hear anything else about them,"I told her honestly, but my best friend scoffed at how I could not want to know more; explaining that they were the talk of the school right now.

I nodded, "Yeah, but they are new. Nothing special about that. Besides, you know how they are. They isolate themselves from anyone, and everyone, so why do you bother wanting to get the scoop on them?"

"Look, missy! I am intrigued! And because of this, I am going to get to know one of them delicious boys no matter what!" She smirked, her green eyes glancing behind me and nodded, "In fact..."

I turned around, my eyes widening when I saw the group of six loitering around a few lockers. The ringleader was currently in a lip lock with his girlfriend, the Asian girl and the blond who had identical blue eyes were engrossed in a conversation, and the other two were just scanning the student body as they passed.

Shaking my head, I groaned, "Christa... I really don't think you should bother them. They don't look like the type that will welcome a peppy person as yourself."