Chapter 5

"Ahhh! Soph!" Holly cheered over the music as we tottered towards each other in our too tall heels that made us look like we had already had a few drinks.

"I'm so glad you came!" she exclaimed not realising the extremely funny pun she just made.

I just nodded in agreement before turning and bringing Lewis closer.

"Holly this is Lewis, Tom's older brother. Lewis, this is Holly, my cousin." I smiled as I introduced them before Holly and I clung to each other as we walked over to the man whom I suspected she was going to introduce in just a moment.

"Soph, Lewis, I'd like you to meet Zayn... My boyfriend." She grinned widely as he and Lewis did one of those bro handshake things before he kissed my cheek.

"Pleasure to meet you, Hol has told me a lot about you." he said quite politely as we all sat at a table towards the back.

Giving a quick glance to Holly to say 'Ooooh, he's very polite.' before I answered.

"Well I hope they were all good things." I laughed lightly as did everyone at the table before I continued. "I wish I could say the same but she wouldn't tell me anything except the fact that I was meeting you tonight. And it is a great pleasure."

He smiled and nodded in thanks before Lewis spoke.

"I'm going to get a few drinks. Do you guys want anything?"

"Could you please get me a vodka and coke?" I smiled and Holly asked for the same.

Lewis nodded as Zayn got up from his seat.

"I'll go with you mate."

The two of them walked away and once they were far enough away I looked at Holly with a dropped jaw as she squealed in excitement.

"Holy shit girl! That's Zayn Malik! How the hell did you two meet? Oh my god!" I just babbled as she nodded excitedly.

"I know, I know. It's crazy." she finally responded and I moved over to sit next to her and linked arms.

"We both have our own superstars!"

Just then the boys came back with our drinks and I smiled and thanked Lewis as he handed me mine. We sipped and talked and laughed for the entire night and had fun as we were dancing on the dance floor. Holly had only had one drink but she can't exactly hold alcohol all that well so she was nearly gone and I was doing decently since I had had half a coke and vodka and only a few sips of the beer I just got.

With my arms wrapped around Lewis' neck, a light suddenly shown on me as I heard the DJ through the mic.

"Look who we have in the house, Sophia everyone! Let's give her a hand and perhaps she'll give us a little performance!"

I smiled and playfully rolled my eyes as the entire half drunk club started randomly cheering and wolf whistling.

"Go up there." Lewis said in my ear.

Smiling, I nodded slightly and held onto my beer as I tried to walk as gracefully as possible over to the small stage in my heels. Taking the mic, I smiled and spoke.

"Who's having a good night tonight?"

An amazingly loud cheer came from the relatively small crowd in the club and I smiled.

"How many of you are here after a break up?" I questioned and there were some cheers and some raised hands and I smiled.

"Well this is for you guys." I asked the DJ to play a song and he happily played it.

Taking a deep breath, I started singing.

La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la.

Everyday I fight for

All my future somethings.

A thousand little wars,

I have to choose between.

I could spend a lifetime earning things that I don't need.

That's like chasing rainbows

And coming home empty.

By this point, everyone's eyes were on me and some were singing along.

And if you strip me

Strip it all the way.

If you strip me

What would you find?

If you strip me,

Strip it all the way,

I'll be alright.

I smiled as I listened to the pause before going into the chorus with passion.

Take what you want,

Steal my pride.

Build me up,

Or cut me down to size.

Shut me out,

But I'll just scream.

I'm only one voice in a million,

But you ain't taking that from me.

You ain't taking that from me,

Everyone was singing along now as I smiled brightly. Going through the song, I could see a few people filming and knew that Nathan would probably see one of them. The thought of him made me smile even wider as I finished and handed the mic back to the DJ before walking back to Holly, Lewis, and Zayn.

A/N Just for the record, I completely respect Zerrie and would in no way try to break them up. But yay! We met the mystery guy! And that last chapter got three votes much quicker than I expected so please excuse if this is an awful chapter. Anyways, the song is on the side and it's not supposed to be a cover, let's just imagine that it's Soph singing it. So how about five votes till the next chapter? :) -$^