Chapter 17

"Babe, are you almost ready? I don't want to be late!"

"Stop whingeing about me and get ready yourself!" I laughed slightly as I touched up the curls that I had put in my hair about fifteen minutes ago before spraying them with hairspray.

I simply shook my head as I heard him huff playfully while I gave myself one more glance over to make sure everything was right. Turning and walking out of the bathroom in my deep blue lace dress, I picked up a thin gold bracelet and hooked it around my wrist while skillfully slipping on my Charlotte Olympia heels that were the same colour as my dress with gold on the heel.

"There." I spoke as I did a little spin.

As I came to a stop, I came face to face with Nathan as he was in a white t-shirt with black pants and a matching blazer.

"Perfect as always love." He smiled while pecking me once before slipping his phone into his pocket and opening the door for me.

__

"That was absolutely delicious." Nath spoke with a bright smile as the three of us stood up from the dinner table when we finished.

"Jessie definitely knows his way around salmon, that's for sure." Ashley replied.

I followed the two of them towards the doorway that went out to the living room before stopping momentarily.

"I'm going to go and get a drink, would either of you like something?" I asked with a small smile.

"I'm alright."

"I'm good as well." Ashley answered causing me to nod once before turning and walking across the room to the bar as the two continued on to the living room.

"What would you like miss?" The bartender asked.

"A mojito please." I responded before glancing over my shoulder to see the two talking quite seriously.

Thanking the bartender as I took the glass, I walked back to the living room and sat myself in one of the large, leather Chesterfield chairs before tuning into the conversation.

"Ashley, I don't know how many more times I can tell you this. I'm not going to make a decision on it until after the tour has finished."

"Decision on what?" I asked quietly, directing it more towards Ashley than Nathan.

"I've asked Nath if he would sign a solo deal with Global." He responded as I smiled and shook my head slightly while looking back to my fiance.

"But why leave the band?" I wondered out loud before seeing an uneasy look on Nathan's face.

"You haven't told her?" Ashley asked him suddenly, making my eyes go to him for a second before going back to Nath to see him shaking his head.

"Told me what?"

"I'll leave you two for a minute."

I watched as Ashley left the room and closed the double doors behind him.

"What's going on?" I practically demanded as I turned my body to him as he played with his fingers for a moment.

"Um, well after this tour, you know when it ends, the boys and I are, uh, well we're kind of going on a hiatus." He spoke while keeping his gaze down to his feet.

For one of the few times in my life, I was truly speechless.

"Really?" Was all that I could get out.

He simply nodded as I set my glass down on one of the coasters that was sitting on top of the coffee table. As my mind buzzed at what felt like a million miles a minute, I just let my body fall back to rest against the chair.

"Love, are you alright?" He asked as he reached out and took my hand in his, running his thumb over the back gently.

"Yeah, I just didn't think that this would come up... Ever." I replied softly as I brought my eyes up from the floor to his face.

He simply nodded as we both stayed quiet for a few more minutes before Ashley knocked quietly on the doorway. I just gave him and a small smile before standing up and picking up my drink.

"I'll leave the two of you to talk."

"You don't have to leave babe." Nathan said as he stood up next to me.

"No it's alright, you two have a lot to talk about and I can go and get some fresh air on the beach."

Kissing his cheek, I walked out the doors that led from the living room out to the private beach area. Once I got far enough from the house, I took off my shoes and left them on the pavement. I walked along, simply staring up at the stars, somehow being reminded of the night that Nath and I snuck out to go to the hunt club when we were laying in my bed looking at the stars through the skylight. It's odd how things can change so quickly in just a few years...

A/N - I am so x1,000,000 sorry for not updating any sooner!! It's been a bit stressful with the whole moving thing along with having to apply for uni while trying to get my parents on the same page as I am. But here it is! As always thank you for sticking by this and voting, and I'd love to hear your comments! xx -$^