Chapter 29

Olivia's POV

I'm starting to get worried about Petra.

She took off when the storm started, and now it was over and she still wasn't back yet.

It was getting me worried for her.

Jessie's death hit her hard, anyone could see that.

I'm not entirely sure I feel right about letting her run off, but its not like you can just stop someone like Petra.

She's too stubborn.

"Olivia, who was the girl back in the cave?" Gabriel asks, making my spirits go back down.

"Her name was Jessie. She was the reason Petra didn't get sick. In fact, she was kinda the whole reason we started the mission to find you all." I respond, making him confused.

"What do you mean? Soren keeps saying that she never belonged here. How could she have made you all come together to stop the storm?" He asks, making me sigh.

This was becoming a difficult conversation for me to talk about.

Though I was only just getting to know Jessie, she was becoming one of my friends.

And with Axle off with the amulet distracting the storm, and Petra off wherever, I just wish she was still here.

"Was she close to you?" Gabriel asks shyly.

I nod.

"I didn't know if I trusted her at first, and now I wish I had taken more time to trust her." I mutter, feeling the guilt running through my entire body.

Gabriel rests his hand on my shoulder in attempts to comfort me.

"Maybe. But you followed your gut, and sometimes your gut can be wrong. But what's good is that you saw that you were wrong, and you did that soon enough to find a friend in her." He explains, making my heart swell.

Even with no memory, Gabriel was still amazing at advice.

"Thanks." I mutter, making him nod simply.

Petra runs into the forest, smiling so brightly I swear she must have found a hundred diamonds.

"Guys! You're never going to believe this." Petra says, sounding more excited than I've ever seen her.

She turns towards where she ran from just as a girl comes from the path, making my jaw drop.

Soren looks almost frightened by the sight.

Gabriel yeps, covering his eyes.

"Jessie?"I whisper breathlessly.

She walks forward, standing over me.

"Yeah Olivia. Its me." She says, smiling.

Tears leak from my eyes, and I feel my mind fail me.

She kneels down in front of me.

Holding my shoulders.

"Hey. I'm here. There isn't a reason to cry." She says gently, making my stomach drop.

"How?" I choke, making Petra and her share a look.

Jessie sighs.

"Let's just say I had to make a hard choice, and now I'm back." She states, making me confused.

Honestly though?

I could care less how she got here.

She was here.

And not dead.

That's what really mattered.

I lean forward, taking her off guard when I wrap my arms around her, hugging her tightly.

"I can't tell you how glad I am to hear that." I whisper, making her arms wrap around me.

"You'll never know how much that means to me." She says back.

We pull apart, seeing Petra smiling brightly at the fact that we are friends.

"Where's Axle, Magnus, and Ellegaurd?" She asks, making me bite my lip.

"They are distracting the storm with the amulet so that we can get to Ivor's secret lab and get a weapon to destroy the command block." I explain,asking her head spin.

"Whoa. So, the Sotrm follows the amulet?" She ensures, making me nod.

It seems to be overwhelming for her, but she shales it off.

"Alright. Then let's go get that super weapon and end this thing once and for all." She states.

Obviously she hasn't changed a bit.

And honestly, the thought of her being any different than she is now bothered me.

But I can see that now that she's back, fighting the Storm will be just that much easier.

....

Hey guys. Sorry this chapter wasn't up sooner. I was at my park all day with my friends and a Nerf war. It was great but now my hands hurt.... Oh well. No fun if you don't have a scratch right? Anyway I hope you liked that chapter and I'll try to update soon!

-ThePurpleWarrior