Chapter 24

Olivia's POV

Jessie looks so tense when I offered her to stay with us.

She looked almost...

Pained.

Whatever I said bothered her, but I hope she did take the offer.

Our group is better with her in it, and honestly?

I don't think we've ever been this close together as a group.

"So, what's the plan?" I ask, making her snap out of the daze she was in.

Her gaze travels around the room, almost like she's picking out certain things.

"I need you to find all the clay blocks in this room that you can." She instructs, making me mock salute her.

I rush around, picking up every block of clay I find, but only find five.

"Jessie, I could only find fi..." I trail, seeing Jessie placing what looks like an Enderman's head onto her own.

"Ugh." I shiver, making her smirk.

"What? If I'm going out there to get Soren's attention I need a disguise." She states, making my eyes widen.

I walk up, holding the blocks behind me.

"No. You are not going out there! Its too dangerous!" I object her, making her roll her eyes.

"Danger is my middle name." She jokes, taking the blocks out of my hands.

"You don't even have the sixth block." I point out, making her point outside.

"No. But he does." She states, making me gasp.

Man she must be insane.

Jessie's POV

I step outside, leaving a worried Olivia behind.

Though Olivia and I haven't become best friends, I can say definetly that she is my friend.

And that made it ten times harder to know that I'm going to have to leave.

And honestly?

I wasn't sure that if this keeps up if I'll be able to.

But I can't think about that now.

I need to get out here and trick Soren into thinking an Enderman has completed his weird construction.

Right on the other side of the window is the final block, held by an endermen.

What have I done to have this crap thrown at me?

With a gulp I walk towards the Enderman, hoping that this costume is good enough to fool it.

I can only hope.

I can see Olivia staring out at me, looking worried.

Stop staring at me. It will make this twenty times harder!

Slowly, I edge my way over to the enderman, who's purple eyes glow normally in the darkness.

Whoa. That's what they looked like when you looked at them and they didn't flip out.

But once I did what I was about to do, who knows what would happen.

I stare up at it as I take the block in my hands, not ripping it away.