Something is really wrong with my students

At approximately noon, a high-pitched frequency emanated from the intercom on the wall. At the exact moment the sound stopped, all of the student's heads snapped up, their eyes glazed over, and they simultaneously looked directly at me. I could feel a vibration in the air and the hair stood up on my arms. For a few minutes I waited, and stared back at the blank faces of my twenty once friendly pupils, who just moments before were chatting excitedly. Their empty expressions quickly creeped me out, and I forced myself to look away.
I am writing this down, so I can provide good documentation if anything else happens, and I may need to have a record for the paramedics when they show up. My gut tells me not to move, so I sit stone still, nothing moving but my well-hidden hands, waiting for them to snap out of it. My only guess as to what happened is the sound triggered a mass seizure that only adolescents are susceptible to; you know like those tones to test how old your ears are. Maybe adults can hear the frequency, but it doesn't alter our behavior because our brains are fully developed.
Whatever it is, I need to write the details down.
5 minutes after event
There have been no changes in behavior so far.
As I sit here writing this, my classroom of 20 high school students stare back. I am trying not to glance their way because every time I do my heart races, and I start to hyperventilate. It has been over five minutes since the sound ended and any of them blinked or moved. How is that even possible? I don't know what is wrong with them, but I am too afraid to move from my chair to check. The looks on their faces are too alien; the sounds of their breathing too unfamiliar and ragged. I've never noticed how unnerving complete stillness could be until a few minutes ago. Our bodies are not meant to sit totally still; we fidget and twitch hundreds of times an hour. To see this is truly bizarre and unnerving.
I'm sure you are thinking, "What a wimp! They are only kids," and normally I'd agree with you and call me a wimp too, but something is not right here. My instincts tell me that these are not my students anymore, and that I can't rely on the relationship we have built over the last eight months to save me. The word "savage" keeps popping into my head, and I don't know why. It's like some warning beacon is going off every time I consider getting up.
10 minutes after event
Still no changes. They are just sitting there, unblinking, gazing my direction. I think I'm going to cry; I'm so scared that something is really wrong with them. I want so much to get up and check, but my legs are paralyzed with fear. Since this all began, not a single person has walked down the always busy hallway. It's as if the school has shut down. I can't hear any noise coming from the other rooms, and I'm too far away to see out of the door. Could this be happening in other rooms as well? I have to make a plan to get help. I'm going to sit tight for a few more minutes and figure something out.
15 minutes after event
Ok, game plan. I think I might chance grabbing my cell phone out of my drawer and texting my friend Jessica across the hall. I just have to be careful not to draw their attention. I'm slowly going to open my drawer and grab it out...
20 minutes after event
Fuck! Well, that didn't work! I was shaking so badly that I dropped my phone on the floor making a huge noise. They respond to noise by mimicking the sound. Holy shit! All twenty students just simultaneously and perfectly recreated the sound of my phone hitting the floor. I have never before witnessed anything so terrifying in my life. I can't stop shaking, and I can't chance hearing that sound again...ever.
30 minutes after event
I have finally composed myself enough to begin recording again, but man are my nerves wrecked. I can't get that sound out of my head. Human voices do not make that noise. Do our vocal chords even possess the ability to mimic in that manner? There is no way!
My phone is still on the floor. I really need to get it back and attempt to contact Jessica, but I am so afraid.
Ok, I've got to do it. It's now or never. I'm going to reach down, slowly and pick it up. Maybe if I keep my eyes locked on them they will not notice...
Shit! Now I know what they will do if you move; they move too. All of my students are now standing and staring at me with smiles on their faces. I thought the blank looks were disturbing! This is unnerving on a whole other level. Those wicked smiles! I have never seen any of these kids smile like this before. It is like looking into the face of two dozen, evil mimes. Dear Jesus, it's horrible!
I don't know how much more of this I can take. Where are the authorities? Where are the principals? Why hasn't anyone come to check on us yet? Am I losing my mind?
The classes are supposed to transition in another 10 minutes, and then I will know for sure if it is just my students who have been affected.
40 minutes after event
The transition bell just rang, and it is like nothing ever happened. With the sound of the bell, all twenty students snapped out of their daze. They gathered their belongings, smiled normally at me, and walked out of the room. I'm still sitting here in complete shock.
I can hear the other classrooms emptying into the hallways as well, but that doesn't answer any of my questions. Did the other students just break out of the trance too, or was this just my room? I am going to go check on the other teachers and students to see if this "anomaly" occurred anywhere else. I'm not sure if that would make me feel better or worse. One one hand, it would confirm my sanity. On the other hand, it would suggest a much larger issue.
I will keep you posted when I have more details.
Update
It was not just my room. I can't wrap my head around this right now, but I will try to gather all of the information tomorrow, unless I stay home which is looking likely.

Credit to: alnoble