Beware of Earbuds

Beware of Earbuds

I always loved rock. And so did my family. Everyday we would always insert countless albums in our old CD player and just fill our house with many songs. Hell, my father used to be in a rock band, but that only lasted for about two months, and they only got one little concert in. Right after that, the band got into this big argument and broke up. However.. There was a silver lining; at that concert, he met my mom.

So it was clear that the love of rock ran on both sides of the family, and it was only natural that I would constantly listen to it. At home, at school, even at church sometimes. But several weeks ago, on a traumatic Friday, everything that had to do with music in general changed for me.

It was the last class of the day, everyone in my Junior English class was excited for the weekend, making it a rather noisy period. We had a substitute that day, so it was a pretty chill class, too. She allowed people to listen to music, so I just sat in the back of the large classroom and listened to my obvious favorite genre of music while I was doing an assignment from another class. But right before both the song that was playing and the assignment I was doing could be finished, that bastard asshole Marvin walks up to me when I wasn't noticing, and cuts my Skull Candy ® earbuds with a pair of scissors, severing the the cord that connected my earbuds and the jack.

Enraged by what he just did, I slam my hands on the desk and stand up, yelling out "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!?" "Robin!" Hearing my name being called by the substitute teacher, I turned my head to look at her face become red, and she had already had a yellow slip of paper in her left hand. "I will absolutely not tolerate any profanity." As she said that, she gives me my referral for a detention.

And before I could try to defend my case, that annoying ass school bell rings, then all of my class mates hurry out of the classroom, eager to start their weekend. Sighing, I throw the ruined earphones into the waste bin at the side of the door as I left. After I served my hour of detention, I walked home. And as I walked, it began to rain. "Perfect.." It wasn't really the best way to start the weekend, and it certainly didn't help with the crappy mood I was in.

As I walked, I felt something under my shoe. "Huh?" Stepping back, I see a pair of dark red earphones, which seemed to be in perfect condition. After looking at them for about ten seconds, I decide to pick them up, wanting to hurry up and get out of the rain and into my home. I was already pretty close now. After getting the house key from under the mat, I get in. My parents are going to be gone for the weekend for a rock concert in a different town, so I had the whole house to myself. Leaving my wet shoes by the door, I walk upstairs and go into my room. Taking off my jacket, I let myself fall on my bed, then pull out the red earphones I found, which to my surprise, were dry. They also didn't appear to have a logo at all, but that didn't really concern me all too much. They were in perfect condition, so I went ahead and popped the jack into my MP3 player and tested them out with Bohemian Rhapsody.

It was one of the best experiences I have ever had. It played the music flawlessly, and take it from a guy who's had Beats ®, Skull Candy ®, and Shure ®, those three brands combined couldn't possibly have anything on these earbuds. From Queen, to Led Zeppelin, to Rolling Stones and The Beatles, I happily rocked my head throughout the bands. But after about half an hour of listening to the songs, all of a sudden, it stops playing. I looked over at my mp3, then out of nowhere, an abrupt buzzing noise is heard with the ear buds. I felt my heart sink.

I unplugged and replugged the logoless earbuds about five times, but that same buzzing noise still played. And for some reason, when ever I heard that noise, it triggered this seriously uneasy feeling in my head. Because of that, I just sighed and unplugged them for the last time, and tossed them into my garbage bin. As they hit the bin, I hear a crash in the house, then our caged dog Aurthur barking. Having been feeling distraught because of that buzzing noise the earbuds gave off, I quickly go for my wooden baseball bat that I kept under my bed, then rush downstairs yelling out "WHO'S THERE!?"