Chapter 14- Seeing Is Not Believing

Začať od začiatku

Since then I guess Mandy didn't trust anyone at all. Nothing ever pleased her anymore because she knew nothing could ever replace that hole in her heart. She dated so many different people and dumped them harshly because she hoped that it is what her father would do to that whore that took her father away. No one taught her any moral respect nor manners and the only one who ever cared about her well-being (and had the patience to put up with her rude behaviour) was Steven. I really salute to that guy.

With her mum away, her dad having an affair, alone with no siblings. It's no wonder she turned out like this. Now I think she doesn't actually care about her family other than herself. I really pity her... Yet at the same time, I hate her. For all the mean things she did and the way she treated me for the past few years, I can certainly say her actions are not forgivable. But you can't REALLY blame her, can you? 

I know people on the outside just see her as this mean, selfish, ungrateful, hot bitch. But they don't know her story. The only reason I'm putting up with her was because of her sad past and also Steven has asked me personally to 'take good care of Ms McDonald'. So basically, I'm just being her friend out of sympathy. Same goes for Tiffany.

Which reminds me... Where is Tiffany? At that moment, Mandy burst out of her bathroom in her new dress. She twirled around the room then stopped in front of me. " How is it? Nice isn't it?" she asked, striking a pose. 

" Yeah, sure it is!" I said, faking a smile. She turned towards the mirror and began looking at herself admiringly. Poor girl, she could only turn to inanimate objects to fill the empty void in her heart. All of a sudden, my phone rang. It was a text message from Tiffany.

"Ew!" Mandy said, pointing to my phone. " If she asks where you are, don't tell her your at my house!"

"Why?" I asked with a raised an eyebrow.

"Just don't!" she shouted.

"Okay, okay! Chill," I said. I opened the text message and it read:

Hey shel! Where r u?

I looked up to Mandy to check if she was looking then secretly typed:

@ M's hse. N she asked not 2 tell u if u asked. Did smthing happen btwn the both of u?

I waited for a few minutes then she replied:

nope. she didn't txt me @ all. dk wat's wrng w her

After reading her message, I started to realize that Mandy seemed to be avoiding or ignoring Tiffany. And she was also starting to hang out with me more and... Treating me nicer. Is she bipolar or something?

I replied Tiffany's text:

oh well. Tt's M 4 u. Chat 2nite?

I waited for a few seconds then she replied:

yup. usual timing.

I smiled to myself and close my phone. I always looked forward to having late night chat sessions with Tiffany. You see, I have an itsy bitsy crush on Tiffany. Okay, not itsy bitsy but a lot. Like a lot, a lot. Been having a crush on her since we were freshman. Guess you can say I'm in love with her. Yeah, it's that bad. 

I hung out at Mandy's place for awhile. Did the usual girly stuff. Painted our toenail and fingers, read through magazines and went on Facebook to randomly go through different girls profile pictures and see who's hot or not. Well Mandy did, not me. 

I left Mandy's house at around 5.30pm and drove my car back home. My heart was skipping thinking about the chat session that I was having later with Tiffany. I gripped the steering wheel in excitement. Tiffany's basically my twin. We share A LOT  in common. One big one is that we both hate Mandy. 

Oh well. We're not the only ones who hate her. Yet I can't help but feel pity for the poor girl. Guys would think she's cute and hot. Girls would think she's mean and bitchy. But only those who know her up close and personal would know that she's actually very insecure and scared. 

Well, just proves that seeing is not believing. Whoever you think isn't, is. Whoever you think is, isn't. 

Tiffany:
After school, I was surprised I didn't get a text message from Mandy. Hm.. That seems strange. Nowdays, she doesn't really talk to me anymore. Like during recess, she'll only be talking to Shelly as if I'm not there. And if Shelly ever tried to pull me into the conversation, she would brush it off. 

Not like I'm jealous or anything! I'm far from that but really, if she didn't want to be my friend anymore she should just tell me straight. Not ignore me. I got better things to do. I walked out of school towards the parking lot. Along the way, I saw Fiona, my math buddy. You see, I take Grade 11 math. I waved at her and gave a winning smile. She waved and smiled back.

Oh my god. Everytime she smiles, it gave me butterfiles in the stomach. Yes, I have a crush on her. Ever since last year, she helped me in the topic I was most weak in and she's been my eyecandy ever since. Yeah I know she's a year older than me and she's 2 inches taller than her but so what. No big deal right?

I went inside my car and just sat there watching her. I know I look like some stalker but I'm a hot one. Oh God. The way she walked and carried herself was just so sexy and hot. I mean she has an amazing acting talent and someday, I believe she's going to be famous. And I'll be famous alongside with her as her supermodel girlfriend. 

I giggled at the thought of us being together. I decided to text Shelly to check where she was since I don't recall seeing her this morning. After that conversation, I'm just shocked at why Mandy would tell Shelly not to tell me where she was. I mean aren't we all friends. But then again, like I said, she has been ignoring me.

Oh well, I closed my phone and just lay on my bed. Since Mandy wants to be like that then so be it. She doesn't have much friends anyway. All she has right now is Shelly and I. To be exact, only Shelly. Mandy thinks she can get away with anything because 1) she's rich 2) she's beautiful and 3) she knows everyone's secrets and gossips. 

But she obviously forgot that I know her deepest darkest secret. Hah. I got it out of her myself. Well this was what happened...

*flashback*

Shelly and I were having a sleepover at her place. At night, Shelly had to go to the bathroom because she had a really bad constipation. Then while waiting, I realized Mandy always wore slippers around the house. Not flip-flops, but the ones that you just slipped on. 

So out of curiosity, I asked her," Why do you always wear slippers? Even when your at home?"
At that moment, Mandy looked unsure and said," Well that's because I like to wear it around the house."

I didn't believe her. So I said," Are you sure your telling me the truth? Because if your not, I would very much love to tell Shelly who was the one that ruined her artpiece at the competition she was in..."

Mandy stared at me in shock. " You wouldn't." she spat back.

"Oh, I would."

Mandy groaned then said," Fine I'll tell you but you must NEVER tell anyone. You got that?!"

I nodded. She removed her slippers and pointed at her two toes. At first, I couldn't get what she was trying to tell me but then I realized, that her 2 front toes were stuck together. Like the skin attached between was higher than most people. I cracked up. 

I know it wasn't that funny but it's just that, who would expect a girl like Mandy would hide something like that?! I didn't! I rolled all over the floor laughing and I was crying. So no wonder she doesn't wear flip-flops at all. Even at the beach. She slipped on with a sulken look on her face then turned towards me and spat," Bitch." 

Just then, Shelly came out of the bathroom and asked," What's so funny?" Mandy looked at me with a warning expression and I just shrugged and said," Nothing. " 

*end of flashback*

I snickered to myself. I still laugh about it everytime I think about it. Seriously... a deformed toe? Who would expect that man? Oh well. Mandy should be careful. If she ever makes a fool out of me, I can get back at her ten times worse. Because that's not the only secret I know. 

I closed my eyes and decided to take a nap. I hope I would dream of Fiona. *sigh*... Oh Fiona... If only you knew how I felt about you, I'm sure we would make a great couple.