(34) Elevator trip

Start from the beginning

Where's Adam's gun now?

Pursing my lips and walked towards the elevator.

He thinks embarassing my self is heart warming? He finds it so damn funny since he isn't the one confessing.

He doesn't like me.

He chuckled. "Oh come on Em, you know I'm just kidding around-"
He wouldn't.

"Well I'm not." I turn around and looked at him in the eye, "Forget what I said earlier. I didn't mean it." I lied though gritted teeth. "It was a lie."

Something unknown flashed on his eyes, "Are you saying that you saying you love me-"

"-probably-"

"-is a lie?" Ignoring my comment, he scoffed. "No proper human being would do that."

The elevator 'tinged' and I walked in. "I guess... I'm not a proper human being then."

The elevator doors closed and I pressed "G".

The door stopped at level 3. The elevator tinged and opens. Revealing an old man wearing a hospital gown. A patient.

"Hello." He grinned nicely.

Is he talking to me?

I slowly smiled back, "Hey." I scooted for him to enter and eventually, the elevator doors closed.

I bowed my head and sighed. Why the heck was I such a bitch to him? Oh I know, it's because I'm a coward who doesn't want to confess her very own feelings.

"Tough day?" He asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh," I cleared my throat, "Yeah."

"Been there." He chuckled. "If you don't mind me asking, may I know why?"

I smiled sheepishly, "oh you know, childish things." I chuckled, "Some uh... you know..."

He gave me a blank look. "No, I don't."

Okee.

"Uh, I'm a coward." I explained, "I uh, am afraid to uh say that I like this certain somebody."

He smiled, "Would it be awkward if I give you some tips, young lady?"

Yes. Yup. U-huh. "I... Don't think so... I guess. But really, uh, I'm fi-"

I was cut off when the elevator shook slightly and it stopped.

I'm freaking trapped in an elevator.

I gasped and held the old man, "Sir, are you okay?"

I'm freaking trapped in an elevator with a patient.

I let him sit on the floor gently before walking towards the elevator buttons.

Gotcha.

I pressed the bell looking button and frowned when it didn't make any sounds.

Wait what?!

"Hello?!" I screamed, "THERE'S A PERSON WITH A PATIENT HERE! CAN ANYONE HEAR ME?!" I tried banging on the elevator but stopped when it's creating too much noise for the old man.

Turning around, I took a sit and smiled at him. "There should be help soon. Oh well. Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, young lady." He chuckled.

Sighing in relief, I smiled at him, "This young lady has a name. I'm Emily."

He grinned back, "I'm Carlo Emerson."

Emerson?

"Are you related with Adam Emerson?"

He nodded, "He's my grand son."

Oh.

"You know him?"

"He's uh.." the reason why I have a tough day. I awkwardly rubbed the back of my neck, "Yeah."

As if reading my mind, he smiled. "I'm betting that my grand son is giving you the trouble?"

I chuckled nervously, "Pretty much."

"Ah, so you love him."

My eyes widened, "I like him."

"So you don't love him?"

My eyes grew wider, "I didn't say that."

"So you do love him?"

"Uh- I... don't know." I sighed. "How do you know that you love someone?"

"Easy." He smiled, "If you cannot live without that certain person, then you love that person."

I looked down and was shock when I saw burn marks.

"You know," He started, "There was this beautiful woman named Linda. She chases me around, she even decorated her garden for me. I eventually agreed to date her. I used to take her for granted, you know, since I was quite a looker back in the good old days." He chuckled. "One day, she gave me these flowers. I wasn't a fan of flowers back then and I was scared that my ego would be stepped on if someone will see me taking care of it; so I simply threw it in the trash can. She saw it, got angry and run out of my house, saying she was sick and tired." Tears started brimming on his eyes, "She got hit by a car, and she was in coma for months." This time, tears fell down on his cheeks. "I thought she died on me; I spent sleepless nights to take care of her. I never knew that I care for her until I saw her lying on the ground that day."

Did she...?

"After 4 months, 3 weeks, and 2 days later, at 3:58 am, she woke up."

Someone has been counting.

He faced me, "On that day, I told her I loved her, that I don't want her gone in my life. I swallowed my pride and told her that." He smiled, "And now, we have 4 children and 9 grand children."

Aww.

"I would love to see your wife when we're out of this."

He suddenly looked down. "You can't. She had leukemia, the worst kind."

"I'm sorry..." I muttered silently.

He eventually looked at the ceiling and smiled sadly, "She was so beautiful, if she's here with us now, you'll see how lucky I am to have her." He faced me, "So make sure to grow some balls and tell him what you feel."

Old man said what now?

Suddenly, the elevator started moving. Finally! The elevator doors opened and I stood up to stretch my limbs out.

I turn around with a grin, "Come on, let's get you all checked up and-" I stopped talking when he wasn't there. I'm literally alone in the elevator right now.

What the heck?