Hazel caught up to her in the hallways. Today she was wearing a Gravity Falls tee. Her curly hair was pinned up in a ponytail although strands of curls full across her face. She had an excited but worried look on her face.

"I have to tell you something," Her face was flushed and her teeth bit her lips.

"What?" Reyna asked.

"Pretended that you're at least interested what I'm about to say."Hazel frowned and sat herself next to the locker above Reyna's.

"I am!"

Hazel crossed her legs."now pretended to be girly and a type of person into gossip."

"I am girly!" Reyna shot back point by at her pink shirt."Is this not girly enough?"

"Frank asked me out." Hazel blurted."well, I know he's been into me but I didn't think he would ask me-"

"Wait,what? What have I missed?"

Hazel laughed, excitingly.

"So,are you going to the party together."Reyna asked. She hoped she didn't sound a tiny bit envious.

Hazel rubbed her arm."we were thinking of just going with a group. Do you want to go with us?"

Reyna dunked her things in her backpack."I don't know.."

"The party is at a hotel resort. I checked it out online. It's gorgeous."

She bit her lip. Who would take care of her father. He could survive one night. Another thought came to her mind. Who would she go with?

"You'll go with Jason. I already asked. He said yes!"

Reyna his her excitement."I guess I have no choice but to go."

A T  H O M E

There was nothing to do.

Her clock ticked on her nightstand as the seconds past to minutes and so on. the minute Reyna got off her bus, she ran straight toward her house, closed the door shut, pulled down each one of the curtains, passed by the closest, and laid her boy on the bed.

Reyna felt tense all over. Goosebumps filled her bare arms. She could hear the hardwood floors squeaking from downstairs. Besides that, the only sound was the constant movement of her body as she moved side to side, trying to get some sleep she had lost from yesterday. Through her shut curtains, she could see but a little light from outside. Reyna could imagine herself go outside, feel the ray of sunshine on her face. Maybe outside she could relax, but as long as she wasn't the only living body in the house, that was out of question.

She was afraid of her father. Afraid that he would never leave this forsaken, awful house. As long as he was here, she would always live in fear.
Once more, she tried closing her eyes, keeping her mind clear so she could get to bed, but it seemed her mind didn't want to go to sleep no matter how hard she tried. Finally, she got the courage to go back downstairs and grab a cup of milk from the kitchen. After filling the glass up until it raised up to the top, Reyna walked carefully upstairs in case she would spill any milk in the ground. She could already imagine what would if she did even though she tried not to. Her hand would loose its grip on the cup. It would crash on the cup, startle her father, and have him banging against the door he was caged in once more. The thought of all this happening made Reyna feel worse than before.