24.5

"So. Where have you been all these years?" Gavin moved some meat around his plate nervously.

"Well, I, uh, went back home and my dad died a couple years ago."

"Oh, Jack. We're sorry." Avery looked at him sympathetically.

"So I've recently moved back and working at the record store in town." Jack seemed unfazed from the awkwardness at the table and kept eating.

"Well your certainly welcome to stay here." Avery gave Cade more mashed potatoes.

"Have either of you heard from Sam or Brooklyn lately? I used to work with Brooklyn's brother too."

"They recently went on a trip so they shouldn't be back for a couple days or so, but no we haven't really seen them over the past couple years." Avery got up and started doing the dishes.

"I'll help you move Jack. Where's the rest of your stuff? We have some furniture in the basement but you'll want your own things."

"It's all on the truck outside." Jackson gave his dish to Avery and went outside to bring in his furniture.

"Can we talk after? It's still not looking good on the money front." Gavin kissed. Avery on the cheek and went outside to help his friend move into the basement.

Gavin studied the budget and tried to make necessary cuts to their expenses.

"It's not good is it?" Avery sat down beside him.

"No. I figured it out that even with the extra income of Jack's rent we still won't be able to pay all of our bills. Aves we might lose the house."

"But we're both working!"

"I know. The special daycare for Cade is taking a big chunk out of our pay checks. We can't get a loan because we owe a ton on the house. I'm going to call Sam."

"Gavin! When was the last time we saw them! You can't just barge into someones life."

"Yeah, but he also works at a law firm. We're not barging I'm just another client. He might have some advice." Gavin flipped open his phone and dialled Sam's number.