27

"Sam? You have the cake right?" Brooklyn ran around the house making sure the kids hadn't destroyed it in the last five minutes.

"Yes Brooklyn! It'll be fine! They're only turning two!"

"Only!? More than half of our children are turning two at the same time!" Brooklyn sat down at the kitchen table and pushed some streamers and balloons out of the way. She looked close to tears and Sam could see her on the edge of a breakdown. Sam grabbed her hand and pulled her into the pantry.

"Remember when we took our wedding vows, 'for better or for worse, richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, til death do us part?' "

"Yeah? What does that have to do with anything?"

"It means I will always be here for you. When we throw birthday parties, our childrens graduation, eventually their marriages. Don't think I won't help you. I always will love you and will always be here to guide you through this as your husband and friend." Sam put his hands on her shoulders and pulled her into an embrace. "I love you."

"I know Sam. I know." Brooklyn nodded into his shirt.

Brooklyn's POV:

Brooklyn ducked out of the pantry.

"I hope you're right about this party thing." I looked skeptically at Sam.

"Your awesome at throwing parties. It'll be great, I promise." The doorbell rang and Sam bolted up from the table. "Let me get it." I heard Jack's voice among Avery and Gavin's. Cade ran into the kitchen and looked for Cameron.

"He's upstairs Cade." I smiled and looked as the Gavin look alike ran up the stairs. Luke's family walked in and their three kids bounded outside to find the rest of the trouble makers.

"Are you okay Brooklyn?" Emma sat down at the table.

"No! My kids are turning two all at the same time and I'm going to have another one running around in a couple months!"

"Brook, you're a great mother! You'll do fine I promise." Emma laid a hand on my arm.

"Are you sure your not related to Sam some way? That sounds just like him." I smiled.

"Hmm, I wonder! I'm always open for baby sitting. With Kenzie, Daniel and Joshua destroying the house, I think I can handle a few more trouble makers."

"Thanks, Em. Sometimes I just need that extra encouragement."

"No problem. Hey, is your sister coming later?"

"Bennett? Yeah she should, unless she has plans." Sam walked into the kitchen.

"My family is here. What about yours?" He sat at the table and looked at me.

"No idea. I don't know if Bennett or Bryson are coming but Brayden and Kels are coming with the baby. How did Henri slip in without me seeing her?"

"She's outside with the kids." Sam grinned. I looked down at her phone as a text popped up.

<hey brook, i dont have a ride to the party. come pick me up?> I typed out a quick reply to my brother.

<sure. don't you have your car anymore?>

<havnt been feeling that great lately. no gas for the truck :/ >

<hang in there ill come get us>

" Who was that?" Sam said, glancing over my shoulder.

"Bryson. He needs a ride but I have a feeling somethings up."

"Okay. Don't be too late." He kissed me on the cheek and scooped up Daniel.
- - - - - -
"Bry ?" I knocked on the door of the small gate house that was on the estate that he worked on.

"Hold on, I'm coming." He said through the door.

"Oh, Bryson. What happened?" His hair was sticking up and he was wearing a rumpled plaid shirt and a pair of jeans that looked like they hadn't seen the washing machine in a while. He hugged me and motioned me inside.

"Tell me what happened. Now." I sat at his kitchen table and gave him a displeased look.

"Can I find a better shirt first?" Bryson disappeared into his bedroom and returned with a cleaner looking v neck tee.

"I'm moving Brook. The only reason I took this job is because the pay is ridiculously good and living expenses are provided."

"Why? You know it would kill Mom and Dad if you moved."

"I know, but I'm tired of being held back by all of you. I have to be independent and live by myself."

"But you do that already. Where are you planning to go?"

"There's a university in England that I already got accepted into. I'll live in the apartments provided by the university."

"You have worked this out already haven't you?"

"Yes. I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry Bry. If one of us were to move away I knew it would be you. I just don't know how Mom and Dad will take it. I'll tell Bennett and Brayden to stay at my house for supper and we can talk about this, just the siblings."

"Thank you, Brooklyn. You've always been there for me. Ever since the tattoo incident." I hugged my younger brother.

"We should hurry back. Sam's going to wonder what happened to us." My phone buzzed in here pocket and I looked at it.

<hurry back Henri and Jack just announced their courtship and everyone's freaking out. -Sam>

<what!? since when do henri and jack know each other?! ill be there soon.>

"Let's go." I grabbed his wrist and pulled him out to the truck.

"What happened?"

"You remember Henri, Sam's sister, and Jack, from my university days?"

"Yeah what does that have to do with anything."

"Apparently they're going out. Never saw that one coming." I threw the truck in gear.