The Date (Part 1)

A/N: The dress that Cassie wears for her date is the picture above!

Cassie's POV

When I told the girls about my date with Alex tonight, they eagerly told me that they would help me choose an outfit.

They said something about how I wear too much black, and I need to add more color to my wardrobe. So, I was currently at Lily's place with the girls, all of us getting ready for our respective dates.

"Cassie should wear a pink dress!", Lily screamed from inside her walking closet.

Yes, you heard me right. The girl has a walking closet where she keeps her entire collection of clothes. It was practically the size of a shopping store, so you could imagine how much clothes she has!

"No! Pink will wash out her skin tone. She should wear red, be flashy and bold!", Sophia replied.

"it's Cassie's first date, she doesn't need to go out all out. She has a lot of time for that later on", Meg answered with a wink directed at me.

"Who says I'm going to go on another date after this one? Maybe it'll be my first and last date", I told them.

"Yeah, right! Your mother would have a heart attack and disown you before that ever happened", Sophia calmly replied as she continued searching through the dresses.

"STOP IN THE NAME OF LOVE! BEFORE YOU BREAK MY HEART!", Meg sang.

"Meg, you seriously need to stop watching Glee. You can't even sing like them", Sophia muttered.

"Don't be jealous, Soph. Back to what I was saying, everyone freeze. I found the perfect dress!", Meg screamed as she began to jump up and down.

"What is it?", Lily asked as she walked over to Meg.

When Lily and Sophia saw the dress, they immediately squealed and dragged me over to see it.

It was a short sleeved dark blue dress. The fabric was loose enough that I could move comfortably in but dressy enough that it didn't look too casual.

"It's beautiful! Great job, Meg", I told her, still in awe of the dress.

"Cassie, we only have two hours left until Alex is supposed to be here. So, hurry and take a quick shower so that we can do your hair and makeup", Sophia instructed as she pushed me towards the bathroom.

"Sure thing, boss", I saluted her as I walked into the bathroom.

Once I finished my shower, the girls immediately set to work.

Luckily, I was ready to go with 15 minutes to spare.

As the minutes ticked by, I began to get nervous.

"What if Alex changed his mind or what if he doesn't think it's a date? Maybe he thinks were just going as friends! Should I dress more casual?", I bombarded my friends with questions as I grew more anxious.

"Relax, Cassie. The date will go perfectly and I'm sure Alex planned everything to go smoothly", Meg reassured me as she placed her hands on my shoulder.

"Meg's right! Just enjoy tonight and tell us all the details later", Sophia winked.

"Yeah, you girls are probably right. It's just Alex, what do I have to worry about?", I asked them.

"You're dignity if you land up falling down in front of him. You're a clutz", Meg joked.

"Thanks for the boost of confidence, Meg. I know I can always count on you for support", I sarcastically replied.